Sunday, April 25, 2010

Day 2 , Im beat

The good news was that Miley slept all night and I didnt have to even turn the tv on for noise. It was pouring rain when we left the hotel but it turned into a very nice day. I was in the first class of the day, snooker. I went to walk Miley and the mountains were really cool looking. The clouds and mist hanging over them and then a little bit of sun coming thur. Very cool. I wanted to go back and get my camera. But I needed to get Miley walked before our run. I was torn what to do. Which got me thinking, I must not be as addicted to agility as I thought. LoL. I didnt go back and get my camera. Lol But it was a pretty sight.

Here is the snooker course map. Someone told me it was the easiest snooker course she had ever seen. All I could say was , "good". We had a very nice snooker run. Miley didnt creep on her start line. She did all 3 reds to a color and then we started the closing. She was doing great and then ran past the weaves. Silly dog. I thought yesterday she couldnt get in at speed but the more I thought about it, she just didnt want to slow down. Its all about speed for Miley. Its faster to run by. LoL I had decided before my run that she was getting in the weave poles if we spent the whole 50 seconds of our run trying. So I told her "Nope" and she went into a big circle. I didnt care, I told her weave. I dont know how she did it , but she did. She was flying and coming in at such an angle. So we are back on course. Then I was so worried that should would miss the jump #7A coming out of the tunnel that I took off for that end to soon and she took the wrong tunnel entrance. Ugh! (It doesnt look like it on the course map but the jump was off set and you saw the red jump coming out of the tunnel). So we didnt "Q" but still got second place and I was happy for it. LoL

Next was Grand Prix. I was a little nervous but after her really staying with me and coming into me on the snooker course I figured we could do it.


We were doing well until my bad front cross after #9 and I was standing almost blocking the teeter. I had already said "teeter" to Miley. I went to move out of the way and turned my shoulders. I look down and Miley is on the teeter and when I turned it pulled her off. Crap. We got back on course. She went into the tunnel but got into the 2nd weave pole. I thought about fixing it but decided not to. Then she is flying across the dogwalk and flys off the end. Huge leap over the contact. I was so shocked I couldnt even finish handling the course. Im not sure if she even took the last few jumps. This dog is crazy. Anyway to go faster, dont do the weaves and fly off your contacts. So you leave the ring feeling bad but I have to tell you, Meagan will always make you feel better. She always has something positive to say about your run.

I almost left after that run. Not because it wasnt great, I was just tired and had a 2 hour ride home. But I decided to stay. And good thing I did. Last was our starters jumpers run. Nice course but you know Miley and I can screw up even the easiest courses. LoL There wasnt anything to slow her down, you know weaves, contacts and tables. And she was awesome. This was the only video I have from today.
">

10 comments:

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

that was absolutely gorgeous!

Dawn said...

I think you're right, it's all about speed for Miley! And she's figured out how to skip anything that she thinks might be slowing her up.

The jumpers run was AWESOME!!! What a girl!

Sara said...

My dad has always said that golf is a good walk ruined. Maybe Miley has the same philosophy about agility....agility is a good run ruined, especially by the table and weave poles! LOL.

Awesome jumpers run. Wow! What was your YPS on that one?

Unknown said...

Congrats on the great Jumpers run!

Chris and Ricky said...

Fantastic jumpers run!!! Wow! Congratulations!

Diana said...

Sara, I think her yps was 6.3 but there were no weaves so...

Thanks everyone! Diana

Marie said...

Beautiful jumpers run! Wow, 6.3 yps!

LauraK said...

What a beautiful run, you girls were haulin'! It only took you like 20 seconds for the whole course. So pretty, thanks for posting!

Morganne said...

Wow! That jumpers run was breathtaking. Your timing was perfect!

Lian said...

Awesome! Miley is always awesome! I just loved watching her run.