Thursday, April 22, 2010

Box work

">

Here is more box work for the running a-frame. Nothing to exciting to watch. Of course its exciting to me but probably not to you. LoL.
Yesterday we went to the field and practice. I ran some small sequences and mostly worked on me trying to keep going when mistakes are made. I was pretty successful. I think she only circled maybe once or twice. I worked a lot on moving downs too. I have a long way to go on that but she is getting better. But once her excitement level gets to high, she cant down. But I defiantly see improvement.
I bought myself a couple of new things from Clean Run. I bought that book, "Agility Right from the start". Ill let you know what what I think. I also bought a "Ready Treat". Im having to condition Miley for the noise it makes because she was scared of it at first. Ill try to post some video soon. I case you dont know, "Ready Treat" is a treat dispenser. Its much, much smaller than Manners Minder but can only dispense one treat and then you have to refill it. But for me thats ok. It can hold any treat you want, so that was important to me. But its half the price of Manners Minder. I also bought some liver treats but none of the dogs are to excited about them. Hmmm....

7 comments:

Amy / Layla the Malamute said...

I found it exciting to watch :) I'd like Layla to have running contacts, but I think I'm going to just have to quick release when I get to that point. Not a single person where I train does a running contact, not even a four-on-the-floor, and I'm not really confident in training it myself.

I'm interested to know how you like that book, please let us know when you finish it!

Unknown said...

Watching Miley run is the one of the most exciting things ever!!

Sara said...

I've seen the ready treat advertised, but keep forgetting to go on cleanrun.com to check it out. If it makes a loud noise, Misty will hate it! Good to know ahead of time.

Miley's box work looks great, and I'm glad you had some good sequences at the field!

Chris and Ricky said...

I think Miley's box work is looking great! And it sounds like she did very well on the practice field too!

I love liver treats - don't know what's wrong with your dogs - LOL!

Dawn said...

A liver treat that dogs aren't interested in? Are you sure they are DOGS? LOL Katie says "Ship them over here please! I'll take care of that liver treat problem you have!"

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

I like what I have read in agility right from the start so far...and I LOVE my manners minders, had thought of getting the ready treat, but will wait to see what you think of it.

Cynthia Blue said...

Lookin' good! I find it interesting. :)