Friday, April 9, 2010

She thought about it.

We had a pretty good trial today. No big crisis. ( knock on wood) First up was Excellent Fast. I thought the send looked pretty hard because you had to be on that side of the course to get to the line. I wasnt to confident that we would do it. We had a nice run. Im posting the course map. She sent over the jump circled with green twice. Watch the video and let me know why you think she didnt give me the send bonus. I cant figure it out. I didnt watch the video until tonight and I still cant figure it out.




">

Next was open Standard. I was so confident that she would get on the table. But she didnt. When she missed it the first time, I tried getting her excited with my voice and she almost got on, then turned off and said ,"I cant do it". I tried one more time, then went on. The good thing was no stress when I pulled her off the a-frame rear crossing and after the table we got back together. So that was good.
">

Last was Exc. JWW. She seem kinda slow coming out of her crate and over at the practice jump. But she was on fire. Great run except for the wrong tunnel entrance. I was so happy we were still running together. After last weekend , I was kinda worried. Nope, she did it.
">

7 comments:

Unknown said...

YES! So proud of both of you!!! Well done! You must be so happy :)

Amy / Layla the Malamute said...

I watched the videos, and I couldn't see why either. I didn't see anything wrong with your handling at all.

For all 3 videos though, she looked great! You guys were really in tune with each other.

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

Humm, it was hard to see the bonus part but I could not see why you did not get the points, maybe it was a mistake on the judges part?

OOH Miley, that has to be frustrating about the table, but you know she got it together with you afterwards which is huge and love the way you handled it because you did not look like you got flustered.


The next one was a great run, it really looked good, you looked confident and in control, you guys looked like you were running well together, she looked like she committed to the wrong tunnel entrance before she took off for that jump and did not even see when you cued she was already heading to where she was going, great obstacle focus from Miley, she is such a good girl.

So it sounds like you had a pretty good day, dont know how you did it with all your chair duties and running too, you must have nerves of steel!

Sara said...

Great runs today, especially given you had all that added stress of running the trial.

I thought it was really great that Miley was able to come back to you and get focused after her table circling. I know, I know, you would have rather had her just get on the stinkin' table already!!!! But, I really think she is going to get there with more training.

Good luck today.

Chris and Ricky said...

I couldn't really see on the FAST run and am not that good on the rules of FAST any way - sorry she didn't give you the bonus. I thought for sure Miley would get on the table! Silly girl - she'll get it eventually! The weave entry after the aframe in the FAST and STD run was beautiful and I personally love how the wind was blowing the chute open (I would've flown right through there LOL!)

Your JWW run was truly a thing of beauty! You guys ran so well together - congratulations!!

I agree with Kathy - don't know how you do it while being in charge of the whole trial! Good luck today!

Sam said...

Your JWW run was beautiful. Too bad about the tunnel entrance.

Rebecca said...

In the FAST run, could the judge have counted the doing the jump twice as a refusal or something? Or maybe she it's because she crossed back over the line? Does AKC fault the dog crossing the line after attempting the send? I thought the send looked good and that you did a great job.