Sunday, February 7, 2010

The weekend

Miley hasn't been feeling good. It started Wednesday with vomiting at 4:20am. But by 6am she seemed better. I fed her a little scrambled eggs and went to work. My husband works at home and he said she was fine all day. I took her for our agility lesson and she was fast and worked hard. The only thing was she didn't do all that silly circling. Thursday she seemed ok. I worked all day and then had a club meeting that night. I didn't notice anything weird about her. Then Friday morning she was ok but when I got home from work she just wasn't herself. Then she vomited all her breakfast and it was undigested. Saturday morning you could tell something was still wrong. She wouldn't come near me, she kept going outside and turning in tight slow circles. I never saw her vomit. So I just gave her some chicken broth mixed with water. She drank that ok. Saturday our club was having Agility Run Thurs but I didn't take Miley. I didn't leave until about 10:30 and she seem just fine by then. Running around the yard but I felt like if I gave her any treats she might start having problems again. So I went to the run thurs without a dog. We had a pretty good turn out considering is was cloudy and cold. I took lots of pictures of the dogs running the course. Some of them turned out pretty cool. Sorry I cant post them , but their not of my dog and I didn't ask any ones permission. It looked like people had fun , so that was good. It didn't start raining until I was on my way home. It wasn't suppose to rain but it did. We have had the worst weather. Rain, rain and more rain. My yard is a mud pit. Miley is much better today . She woke up and was begging to play. So I took the dogs to the park , its a swamp is some areas. Here is the beginning of the path.



Photobucket">

And then I was walking a long and all of a sudden. No more path. Major flooding.
Photobucket">

Photobucket">
So no path to walk on. We had to just stomp thur the woods. It was difficult getting through all the brush. Miley didnt like that at all. I finally found the path again. I was getting worried that I should have turned back. So Im on this path and my heart is pounding, my legs burning and Im breathing heavy. I think to myself, I have to be on the inner loop of the Spider women path. Its the only place that my body starts to protest. But it felt like it went on forever. I finally merged onto the truck path and knew that lead out to the main path. Thank goodness. I didn't want to be lost today. I did get some pictures of the dogs but nothing great.
Photobucket">

Photobucket">

Photobucket">
O yea and the sun came out today for about 2 hours. I was so happy. That's when I put the dogs in the car and went to the park. After our walk, I stopped at one of the grassy picnic areas to work on Miley's mat. I put two mats out and sent her to each. We only worked it a few minutes. When I went over to the mat is was covered in ants. Ugh! I don't think Miley got bit, at least she didn't act like it. You think those ants would have drowned by now with all the rain we have had.

11 comments:

Dawn said...

Guiness looks worried in that 4th picture. Maybe he wonders if you're all lost too! I like the pictures. I wouldn't have been brave enough to walk through the woods. Hope Miley is indeed all better!

Rebecca said...

Aw, I hope Miley feels better soon. It's so hard when dogs get sick.

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

OH my gosh, that looks like a lot of water, but it does not look like the dogs minded. Poor Miley, hope she is over what ever was bothering her, poor girl.

Sam said...

Wow - you're more ambitious than I am walking through that. Seems like it barely bothered the dogs though!

Glad Miley is feeling better.

Blue said...

I'm glad Miley is feeling better.

That is a lot of flooding! Nice photos.

Unknown said...

Hope Miley is feeling much better by now. What a day in the wood!

Lian said...

Sorry to hear Miley wasn't herself but glad she is all ok now.

Love the picture of Miley and Guiness

Sara said...

Hope Miley is over whatever it is she had.

I'd much rather have freezing cold weather than mud. Mud is the worst, especially when you have dogs!

Chris and Ricky said...

Gosh, hope Miley feels much better today! Wonder what it was?

That's a lot of mud and water! I think the pictures turned out great - Miley and Guiness look like they had a fun time even though it was so wet. Glad you didn't get lost!!

I don't care for mud but it's icy and snowy and 8 degrees here and more snow 3-6 inches predicted for tomorrow. Can barely walk outside to potty - it's so slippery and icy. And our practice on Wed. will most likely be cancelled so that's no chance to do agility in over a week.

Jules said...

I hope Miley continues to feel better. Wow - THAT is some flooding!

LauraK said...

Glad Miley is feeling better! I love the picture of them standing in the stream together- so beautiful!