Saturday, November 14, 2009

Trial update


We are at an indoor trial this weekend. The good news is Miley didn't break her start line. She didn't move one little bit. WhooHoo. Open Standard and Exc JWW , 12inch , walked at the same time and were running at the same time. So I walked both courses and asked to run 1st in the jumpers ring. She didn't break so we got to run the course correctly. I was so excited. I did a lead out pass jump two and then into the tunnel. I'm not sure how, but we missed jump four. I didn't get video because i thought she was going to break and I would have to leave the ring. Anyway, she missed jump 4 ( I think she came in to tight when I called her name while she was still in the tunnel) and I think went in at the 2nd weave pole. But other than that she was perfect. I ran it just the way I planned. I heard someone yell, "great run". So that made me feel good. She was fast too. When I looked at all 50 , 12inch dogs she was tied for 2nd fastest time. 29.92 Yea!!
Then came standard. My plan was to try and catch her if she did a touch and go on the table. It was teeter to the table. But I just missed her. Ugh!! She took huge laps around the ring. I walked off. She came to the finish line. Im sure she was thinking, "Hey whats wrong?" Silly dog. I tried a couple of times to bring her to my side but she was just over the top. So that's why I walked off. I'm not sure if its the right thing to do but that's what I did. I think she just doesn't understand that she cant do that. But how to I make her understand. Hmmmm.
I had to laugh, I said thank you to the judge as I walked off. She said, " she's a great dog. I bet you in Exc Jumpers. (She laughed )What kennel did you get her out of?" Then she asked me about her again later when I was working the novice class. I guess things aren't as bad as they seem if people still want to know who I got my dog from. Lol

10 comments:

manymuddypaws said...

that is great about your start lines!!! two in a row is pretty great!

sucky about the not being able to catch her though- i think you did the right thing with leaving regardless.

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

I think it is terrific she did so good on her start line, you have to feel great about the training you must have done so she was able to do that and in a very short time....the table will come, you were able to fix the start line so you will fix the table too ;-). You and Miley are an awesome team.

Dawn P said...

She is great. The perils of having a fast dog are issues you are dealing with. You guys will get there. Hope you have a great day today.

Chris and Ricky said...

Woohoo about the startlines! That is great progress in such a short time!

I had teeter to table to. Guess it was the sequence of the day in Open! You made me laugh when you said at least I got on the table! Funny how you and mom both have shelties who do agility but are complete opposites - if I could only have a little of what Miley has and if she could only have a little of me! But I agree with all the people who say she is a great dog and want to know where you got her!

Your JWW course looked harder than mine - gosh the opening looked really tricky - wonder how many dogs went out of the tunnel and over the #9 jump? Good for you that you got Miley's attention there even if you guys missed #4!

Sara said...

Miley is an awesome dog. Once people get hooked on agility, we all want a high drive dog like Miley! Although, I'm sure I'd be clueless about how to handle her.

Great job on your startline!

Good luck today.

Jules said...

Yay, start line stays. I think I agree about leaving the ring.

Compliments are always nice!

Marie said...

Super news about the startline improvement! I hope all goes well again today. I wholeheartedly agree with the previous commments that we all think Miley is just an amazing little dog.

Nicki said...

Glad it's getting better. It's better to have a fast dog that loves agility and needs more training than one you have to cheer lead and motivate all the time.

Lian said...

Well done with the startline! That's a great improvement in such a short time!

Dawn said...

Start line stays! YAHOO!!!! The table will come, once she figures out if she doesn't play table she doesn't get to play at all!