Friday, November 20, 2009

Not much



I haven't done much this week. Monday and Tuesday I just took a break with no training at all. Well, except I have been trying to teach Miley a moving down. Meagan thinks this will help when Miley gets into her running circles in the ring. Ive been teaching both Guiness and Miley. Guiness is getting it faster than Miley but I think that's because I'm using a lure to teach it. Guiness does better with luring and Miley does better with shaping. Anyway we have a long way to go on the moving down. Then Wednesday and Thursday I work on the table. Guiness can get very excited running thur the yard and then Miley gets excited chasing him. Wednesday she did really well with being able to pull off chasing Guiness and then getting on the table. Even when someones dogs were running loose and came up to the fence. All the dogs barking and excited. I was still able to get Miley to get on the table. Thursday she was pretty consistent so I decided to up the anty (sp?). I had my husband ride his bicycle pass the front of the house. This made Guiness very excited. Running thur the yard while spinning tight circles and running again. So of course Miley's excitement level went way up too. She was chasing him full speed and I couldn't pull her off no matter what. To much to soon. I'm not sure how to increase the excitement just a little because the bike seems to be an all or nothing type thing. I'm sure I'll figure something out.
At the trial last week the water bucket spilled in the crate so everything was wet. I brought it inside to dry out. I guess Roxy figured this was a good way to use the crate. She has been sleeping up there all week.

6 comments:

Dawn said...

Hi Diane, did you buy a new foldable crate? Did you get it at Wallmart? How tall is Miley and what size crate did you get? I think I need one for Katie when we're at school and eventually at Rally trials...any advice? - Dawn (and Katie too!)

Chris and Ricky said...

Roxy is adorable up there!

Sounds like it takes a village to train a dog - LOL! It's good that you have dogs and a husband to help raise the excitement level in your yard and that Miley was still listening to you some of the time - leaving a bike alone is a very, very difficult task!

Diana said...

Dawn, thats the same crate I broke at the trial. The pole that goes across the top is connected by an elastic band. The band broke but Im still able to use it because there is this sleeve that you slide over the poles and locks it. There is a hole in the bottom of the crate but Miley's not a digger so I think it should be ok. Im still looking for a new crate but havent been able to find one. They had a nice nos-2-nos crate at Petco but it was to expensive. Diana

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

Awhhh, Roxy looks like she wants to have that set up permanently, LOL! Replicating the trial environment and all the excitement is hard, I have that trouble with trying to work on my start lines, hard to replicate that environment where I can actually work on it.

LauraK said...

How cute, she probably likes the view from up there :) I love those crates- I have the green version of that brand. I got mine like 40 dollars cheaper and with free shipping on amazon. I never buy stuff off of amazon, but this deal was too good to pass up. I really like the quality and simplicity of them as well. Sounds like you have your hands full with the pack! Good luck with the moving downs, can't wait to hear how you progress!

Sara said...

Didn't do much this week? Sounds like a lot to me!