Saturday, November 7, 2009

BKC trail

I can't believe I was worried it was going to be cold. It was a beautiful sunny day. I was probably over dress. I could have used a short sleeve shirt. Our first run was Open fast. She was awesome.




">

She earned 71 points. WhooHoo! 1st and Q. But to be fair there were only two 12 inch dogs. My plan was to take the a-frame at the end but she took the tunnel instead. O'well, it still looked good.

Then the wait started. Ugh! 4 1/2 hours later our second run, which was Open Standard. Sorry I don't have it on video. It started out great. She was on fire. The surface was very deep sand and hard to run in, but she was flying. I did a precue at the double to turn her into the tunnel and she didn't drop the bar. She got the correct tunnel entrance. No stopping us now. But she did a touch and go on the table and took THREE HUGE LAPS around the ring. Ugh!!!! I think the judge was getting ready to blow the whistle and I sent he into the tunnel ,skipped the table and went straight to the weaves. Once again she was on fire. All the way to the end. I couldn't have pictured a more perfect run if I tried except for the table crap.


Last was Exc JWW. I really didn't get much of a walk thur. I walked it a couple of times at the general walk thur but it was packed. After our Open Standard run, I went to cool Miley down. When I came back they were doing small dogs walk thur. I handed my dog off to someone and got to walk the course once when they whistled everyone off. For some reason Miley and I weren't connected. I couldn't even remember what happened during the run. She just didn't feel like the dog I usually run and I'm not sure why I felt that way. When I watch the video , she doesn't look slow. Someone told me she couldn't get lift because of the deep sand and it caused her to drop some bars. The whole run just didn't feel right and it shows. To bad , I was really looking forward to my first time ever in Excellent.



">


I decided I'm not going to do open fast tomorrow. I'm visiting my parent in Savannah and I'll just go for the last to runs. That way we don't have to wait so long. Will see if that makes a difference with Miley's run.

6 comments:

Sara said...

You FAST run was awesome! Congrats!

I didn't think your JWW looked bad at all. I've never run on sand, but I'm sure it can be difficult if it isn't firmly packed.

Good luck tomorrow!

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

Wow, that was a great course you picked out for the FAST run, and I loved how you handled that tire to the jump right afterwards with the little back up, it worked very nicely, and I love Mileys little creep at the start line, that is too funny.
I used to train in a place where they had deep sand, and that was killer, and especially if you are not used to it, when I first started training there my thighs would just hurt so much, LOL, I can not imagine how much harder it must be for the dog when they are not used to it. That sounds like such a good way you handled the standard course, sounds like you kept Miley running fast and got her working again, so it sounds like good training in the end
GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!!

Lian said...

Miley's speed is amazing! Both runs were awesome! We run on the sand a lot in the winter and most of them are quite soft surface.

Chris and Ricky said...

Deep sand sucks in my opinion! I ran on that kind of surface at one trial and had a terrible time getting my footing!

Your FAST run was amazing! Congratulations! Wish I could've seen your standard run because it sounded awesome (sorry about the table)!

So we get to try Exc JWW this coming Saturday and we're a little nervous and a lot excited! Do you happen to have the course map for the JWW from your video? If you do and if you have time, would you post it so we can see how it looked on paper?

Good luck today!!

Jules said...

Congrats on the sweet Open Fast Q!

Morganne said...

Awesome FAST run! Miley is darn cute at the startline (Summit does the butt creep too).