Monday, November 30, 2009

Things Im working on

Here is a course I set up in my yard tonight. Not much time to work on things since I got out of work late and rain was coming. When we first started she , for some reason, couldn't get into the tunnel from the jump to the left or the right of the tunnel. Every time she jumped on and off the table. So is she confused, unsure of herself? I don't know. But she finally got it. When she did, then she could go to the tunnel or the table, which ever I called.






Next we practice sending to the table. I didn't put any jumps in front of the table. I just wanted her run and get on the table. At first every time she took one of the jumps before going to the table. Not sure what that's about. Avoidance? And many times if I'm standing still she cant make it to the table. Is it fair to send to the table without movement? No movement would cue your dog to pull back toward you, which is what she does. Then I had both Guiness and Miley out together, Guiness drove to the table and Miley did not. So I really treated Guiness and Miley didn't get anything. That got her thinking. The next time, no problem, right to the table. So then I started playing a game of sending the dogs alone to the table. That worked pretty good. If Miley messed up and didn't drive right to the table, oops no treats and its Guiness's turn with big rewards. Again that got her attention. Then it started raining.

Ive been trying to get a Christmas type picture with the dogs but I don't really like any of them yet. I ll just have to keep trying.




Photobucket">

Photobucket">

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love how Miley and Guinness both have a "mini me" version! Of course Roxy looks much more like Miley than Mickey looks like Guiness, but still, it makes for very cute pictures!

Sara said...

I love the photo of them under the tree! I think its so sweet.

I often use Misty to motivate Oreo to learn things, like you did with Guiness and Miley. Oreo gets really annoyed when Misty gets it "right" and he doesn't. Then, I really get his attention. Is it wrong to use Misty like that? Poor dog.

Chris and Ricky said...

I think the photos are adorable! Maybe you would enter one in Johann's contest? I bet you'd get lots of votes!

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

That table thing is a brain teaser, What you were doing with the two dogs sounds super smart to me, When I went to a games and motivation seminar a few weeks ago this lady did a lot of what you were talking about, if a dog broke their stay or did not do what they knew how to do she would show them the treat or toy they were missing out on, let them know the games they could have played, and that would build up the drive to get it next time it actually seemed to work really great at the seminar. It was really interesting to watch this woman work with that.

Nicki said...

I like the bottom one

Anonymous said...

I love the one with the mini-me bookends. Your dogs are so photogenic.

Diane

amyinbc said...

Gorgeous shot of your beautiful dogs :)