Saturday, November 21, 2009

Pictures

Photobucket">

Photobucket">

Photobucket">

Photobucket">

Photobucket">
"How many times do you think she is going to make us do this?"
I dont know but Im thinking of biting her."


After getting an email from a friend who gave me a few suggestions about the table trouble, I pulled some old Clean Run magazines to look for some articles. I pulled "Training Terrific Tables" from March 09 and "Confessions of a Mat Freak" from Oct 06. Both had some good ideas in them. So can my dog do a down on obstacles in other places. Like the park bench , the bridge,a tree log ect.. No she can not ( as I found out today). So we worked on that. Jump on the item and down. In the article the person talked about you being able to do a cartwheel. You would probably be ok doing it in the yard or at the gym. But what if someone asked you to do one at a restaurant. So I will now be practicing jumping on to items and getting into a down EVERYWHERE. I also took the table to the park and put it out in the middle of a field. We had never spent any time at this field. But I guess it wasn't exciting enough because she nailed it every time. Sending, recalling and me running by. The other thing I may try and reteaching the table using the info from the "Mat Freak" article. I was thinking of presenting the obstacle in a new way. Like using a PVC box and getting her to stop in it and they slowly make the transition to a table. ( you think I'm getting obsessed with this.LOL)

8 comments:

Sara said...

You sounded disappointed that Miley nailed the table every time at the park. Wasn't that a good thing? LOL.

Love the photos!

Natasha said...

Great ideas about the table! Beautiful photos too.

~Nat

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

Clean run always has such good articles when you have been subscribing for awhile so you have back issues ;-). Sounds like the table training has some good plans. The pictures as always are gorgeous, I love the fall colors

Chris and Ricky said...

Love the photos - Miley looks awesome lying on the huge log!

Dawn P said...

The PVC Box is a great idea as long as you aren't doing the running AF.

Dawn said...

Loved the photos! In the last one Guiness DOES look like he's talking out of the side of his moth to her, and she's licking her chops in anticipation...

Can't help you with the table problem, but it sounds like you have it figured out!

GOOD LUCK!

Marie said...

They both sound like good ideas for the table issue. That is an absolutely huge log that Miley is laying down on in her picture!

Lian said...

Love the photos. The table ideas are good. I think Miley is too excited to lie down! Maybe you can teach her "lie down" as a trick and makes her like it?