Sunday, May 24, 2009

Yesterday and today

You wouldn't believe how long it took me to make that little slide show I posted yesterday. All day, yes that is what it took. I did other things in between like walk the dogs and weed the garden. First I made the slide show on my computer and then down loaded it to You tube. But when it down loaded, which took forever, some of the pictures were blurry. So I decided to do it over and when I went back to the program some of the pictures were missing. So I reloaded them and down loaded it in a different format. That didn't help. Then I decided to try Photobucket. I couldn't figure it out. Then I decided to use my daughters Photoshop program that is on the kids computer. I didn't have all the same pictures but some I had on a thumb drive. It was very easy on Photoshop and I could just slide the pictures around to get them in the right order. Then I added the music. It was music that was on the computer and it seemed ok. Its a religious song, and I'm not religious but I liked it. And finally I was finished and it loaded to blogger easily. I wish I had just started with the Photoshop program.


Last night my neighbor behind me had a party. I'm no sure what time it stopped but the last time the dogs woke me up barking was about 1:30am. Then this morning I went out with the dogs and there were multiple beer cans in the yard. I guess they just chucked them over the fence. I was so mad. I picked them up and just chucked them back over the fence. Come to find out that my husband's friend thought it would be funny to throw the beer cans over the fence. They tried to stop him. So now I feel a little bad about throwing them all back over the fence. O'well what can you do.


This morning I took Miley to the training field. I set up an excellent jumpers course. She did well but I must not be cuing her correctly because she took most jumps extended when she should have collected. So then she was a wide and had lots of extra steps between jumps . She did well on #1-9. Going from #9 to #10 I was on the her right pass jump 9. She came out of the tunnel and sliced the jump. So she had trouble turning to the left to get jump 10. I now can see, from where I was standing, that I was telling her that. But when I was at the field I couldn't figure it out. Starting at #11 all the side changes start. At #13 I had to give her a tight command to get her to collect and that worked well. She was still wide again from #15 to #16. I never fixed that. I rear crossed,and maybe I should have front crossed. The course is posted below.

We did 2 dogwalks and 2 a-frames and she did perfect . Now it was starting to rain so I figured be better go. I parked inside the fence area. Shortly after parking two horses came out and right over to my car. I got worried, do horses eat windshield wipers like goats do? I guess not. But they were all around my car the entire time. How was I going to get out. I went into the field and called the horses like you would your dog. I clicked my tongue. That did nothing. They didn't even look up at me. So I decided to be brave and grab their head halter to walk them away from the car. Well the first horse just lifted his head and jerked my hand out of his halter. He probably knew I didn't know anything about horses. He was probably laughing at me. "Yea right, you are going to make me move". Great now what. I went back in the fence area and called Miley. I told her I had a treat. That got the one horses attention and he came to the fence. At least he wasn't behind my car now. I put Miley in the car and back up and pulled as close to the gate a possible. The one horse could run between the front of my car and the gate but I didn't know what else to do. We got out and none of the horses did. So all's well that ends well. ( I know this isnt well written, but hopefully you get the point of what Im saying in this post today. I have reread it several times and I cant seem to get it right. )

4 comments:

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

hahahaha, I can just see you out there trying to figure out how to get out of the field with the horses. Glad you made it out. They are big, and when you do not know them....and you do not want to let them out....that is a dilema! Well handled it sounds like.

Sara said...

I am terrified of horses, so I don't know what I would have done. Probably cried.

I myself have spent a day, or more making slide shows. I feel your pain.

Chris and Ricky said...

Our neighbors had a party on Saturday night too - no beer cans in our yard but loud music and talking until at least 2:00AM. Memorial Day weekend brings out the party in people.

Mom loves horses so she would think your training field is great! Glad Miley had a good practice!

Nicki said...

My horses would definately chew on a car-I can never leave anything I don't want harmed where they can reach!