Friday, May 1, 2009

More a-frame practice




Im still thinking about how to fix Miley's running a-frame. I decided to go back to the ground work and see where she is. I put the yellow sheet in the middle of the box to help her maybe transfer the box work to the a-frame. When I first did the ground work a few months ago, she was 3 hitting. I did what the video said to do, to change her to a 2 hit. I did this because I felt she would jump off after 2 hits. But she isnt getting in the yellow on the a-frame with 2 hits. Not even close. So I watched her on the ground again and she is three hitting. ( Sara, I can go to my camera and watch it in slow motion, thats how I can tell she it three hitting. Then I can adjust what Im doing right then and there. Sorry, but my computer is away being fixed so I cant edit any video except what my camera can do. I can watch it in slow motion but cant down load it that way.)

After a few reps of ground work, I put the box back on the a-frame.




">



Three hitting looks much better. So that is what I'm going to work on. Will see what happens when she gets excited at at trial if it will hold up.

4 comments:

Chris and Ricky said...

Well, we find it hard to see the 3 hits too, but looks like she's really doing a good job in the video! You are so good at analyzing stuff - we need to be better at that!

Sara said...

Not that I know what I'm talking about, but I think you made the right choice with the 3 hits. Seems like small dogs like Miley would need the 3 hits to get consistently in the yellow zone.

Natasha said...

Experimenting is good! :) Those 3 hits are looking great. Wall-e does 1 hit, LOL, I'm trying to find a way to change it to 2 hits because when he does 1 hit, he misses the contact about half of the time!

~Nat

Lian said...

Just a small point here, Diana. Do you think where you stand/run affect her to change her stride. I can't quite see where you are sometimes but I wonder how you run can change the the 2 hits into 3 hits.

When I was training with one of the top handlers in the UK, she has fantastic running contacts, she told me Sing comes down deep on the A Frame everytime I blind cross, so I am trying to do a lot of blind cross possible to get a better A Frame.