Monday, May 18, 2009

My dogwalk obsession

I took Miley to the rehab vet today. I had her watch the videos. She doesn't think Miley is injured. She thinks that Miley is having a problem transitioning her gait. She was in a gallop up and over the dogwalk and then trys to gear down to be able to stop. She thinks that is what is causing the problem. I'm not sure what to think. So I ran her over the dogwalk at home. First I let her run it without stopping several times. Then I had her stop the last two times. I notice she didnt have the weird gait like she did this weekend. Is it because she changed gaits later coming down the dogwalk. This weekend her gait change right at the top of the dogwalk. Today it looked like she didnt change gaits until the bottom of the ramp. Another difference is the slats. My slats are very shallow, maybe 1/8 of and inch. The ones at the training field are at least 3/8 to 1/2 inch. Big difference for a little foot. I will refilm in a couple of days at the field and see what I happens. ( Guiness ran the first time. I wasnt expecting that. Usually he is to busy barking at kids and bikes to run agility. So after the first time, I put him in the house. )


">

4 comments:

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

Humm, that is great news if that is what it is. At first on the first video I thought it might have looked like the skipped steps were when she changes her gait but then I didnt notice anything in the front so I assumed that was not it. You know just another comment, I notice Miley just drives straight to the end of the dog walk and never looks back until she gets to the bottom, that is terrific, perhaps Miley would be willing to help my Breeze and come and show her how to do that, Breeze tries to run the whole thing with her head turned backwards which does not work so well! You know she looks so good everywhere else you would think if it was anything other then the gait change you would be seeing it elsewhere or when she is jumping, so it would make sense.

Lian said...

Hey, Miley has the most beautiful running dog walk!! The 1st and 3rd run were spot on! Maybe you should rethink to run the DW? She certainly didn't have the weird lifting foot behaviour there.

Sara said...

Diana,

That is great news, and the vet's explanation makes sense to me.

Uh oh, now you are going to start driving yourself crazy about how to fix this "gait issue". LOL.

I'm so glad to hear that Miley isn't injured!!!

Chris and Ricky said...

Diana, Miley looks really good! Both her running and her 2o2o were great in this video - seems like she could do either one - she's a smart, fast girl who loves agility. I would trust the rehab vet. And I also agree that her foot behavior would show up when she does other obstacles or motions.