Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day and other things


For Mother's Day we drove down to Savannah and saw my parents. The weather there was very nice. We sat out on the dock and it was just windy enough to keep the bugs away. If you have ever been to Savannah, the bugs will eat you alive. So no bugs, yea! We were very tired when we got home. I'm not sure why it seemed so hard on us. Its a three hour drive each way. It could be because on the way home we encountered rain storms. Black Sky's and driving rain.
The above picture is what my daughter gave me for mother's day. Its a licence plate for the front of my car. I haven't put it on yet. I'm looking for a clear cover to protect it from bugs and rocks.
I haven't worked Miley on anything since last week until last night. I took her to a different field that she hadn't been to, just to do a few dog walks and not more than 4 a-frames. She did well. I did notice twice on the dogwalk, coming down the ramp, she picked her foot up a few times. I guess we will be doing more rest. The frustrating thing is that I don't see anything else. She goes up and down the steps and Ive been watching her walk and I don't see anything. The vet has checked her 2 more times and cant find anything. I think people think I'm crazy.

I'm redoing my a-frame. I ordered "contact coat" and I'm going to put that over the a-frame contact. I'm not going to use any slats. From the response I got from the clean run group and what Julie said, made me feel no slats are necessary. In case you don't know, "contact coat" is a rubber coating that you put on top of the painted contact equipment. http://www.contactacoat.com/a-frame.html It provides grip and give for the dog and is suppose to make the equipment safer. I'm also redoing ( still) my dogwalk. I'm thinking of taking the slats off that too. But Meagan doesn't think I should. So I'm still up in the air with that.

I finally got my computer back. WhooHoo! So I can now put my video program back on my computer and edit video.

9 comments:

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

I am glad you got your computer back. You will love the contact coat, I do not have it on my stuff but my friend has it on her contact equipment, it is really nice. I debated about the slats on my contact equipment, and my old Aframe had slats on one side and none on the other because I do not think the slats are necessary and can hurt toes, but I wanted the dogs to be familiar with the slats because most of the competition stuff has slats. My new Aframe was bought slightly used and it is fiberglass so I do not even know how I would take off the slats, so we got slats!

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

OOOH forgot to say I LOVE the license plate, what a GREAT mothers day gift, that is just gorgeous!

onecollie said...

I like the slats on the A Frame, I refused to use the one in training that didn't have them....for Tate he would slide all the way down without the slats, I found the slats slowed him down which I liked, I never cared for super speed, all I needed was the Q !!
I have never used slats on the dog walk...come to think of it, I have never seen a dog walk with slats!
hope Miley's foot gets better, for what it's worth, I believe you!

Jules said...

What a beautiful Mother's day gift!! very cool. I think you will be happy going slatless and with the contact coat. You really can notice the difference in the impact on their bodies - esp. with the bigger dogs.

Sarah said...

cool license plate!

Sara said...

What a great Mother's Day gift!

I don't think you're crazy. I think you are just observant and cautious - which is a good thing!

It does seem like the slats could cause some injury if the dog gets tripped up by one.

Kim said...

Great mother's day gift! I love it.

Dawn said...

I don't think you're crazy either, but then, you're talking to dog people here! We KNOW sometimes stuff is up with our dogs when no one else can see it!

Great Mother's Day gift!

Chris and Ricky said...

There is contact coat on the equipment we have at class and at the trial I go to. I like it and I'm sure Miley will too.

Awesome Mother's Day gift!