Thursday, May 7, 2009

Ugh !

I pulled Miley from the USDAA trial for this weekend. Last Friday I saw her skip 3 times on the morning walk. I didn't see anything else until yesterday. Last night I took her up to the training field. I saw her do that weird gait going down the dogwalk ramp. It wasn't as bad as the time a few months ago, but it was there. She also wouldn't turn to the right on a jump sequence. Did I not cue it right? I had to do it several times and then she finally go it. Did it hurt to jump to the right. I don't know. Dogs are hard to figure out. She jumps up and down at home when she is excited. Boing, Boing, boing! That doesn't seem to affect her. She still has a nice tight tuck sit and can go into a stand on her back legs without moving from her spot. I did have the rehab vet check her this past Monday. But of course nothing seems to be a problem. I really feel it has to do with the a-frame. My a-frame or any a-frame , I'm not sure. I built my a-frame myself, maybe there is something wrong with it. Maybe she is stubbing her toe. When watching her yesterday on the dogwalk, it really seem like a foot/toe problem.


Then of course it was raining again this morning. I tired walking the dogs but everyone was acting like it was torture so I took them back home. Then Miley pooped in the living room. Loose poop too, so I had to get the steam cleaner out to clean it up right.


I see the rehab vet again on Friday. I'll have her check Miley again. I kinda don't know what else to do about it. I wish I could figure out what the problem is or what is causing it.

O,yea here is a positive. Miley had excellent dogwalk contacts yesterday. WooHoo!

7 comments:

Jules said...

Good for you for finding a positive.

I hope you get to the bottom of it soon. Injuries suck!! Sorry for the language, but they are so nerve-wracking. Positive thoughts for Miley.

kathy bordergirlsmom said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOh, gosh that is so weird because Miley has been looking so good...hope it is nothing. Have you caulked between the slats and the Aframe so Mileys toes do not get caught? How long do you keep her nails, does she have any really long hairs between her pads that might be making her slip? Those are just ideas of things that have happened to us in the past. Whoo hooo with the dog walk contacts-you have been working hard on those contacts-good job!

Dawn said...

Man, you can't win for losing! Hope you figure it out soon. She SO loves to work, she'll be sad not to get to go. So will you. She's such a cutie!

Lian said...

Poor Miley! I hope you managed to go to the bottom of this problem. Have you have her foot scan or something?

Glad Miley did a perfect DW. Well done!

Sara said...

Oh, you must be so frustrated and disappointed, especially since she did excellent dogwalk contacts yesterday!

My vet told me to keep the dogs' nails trimmed real short, because of the A-frame. Don't know if that would help Miley's situation or not.

I hope this isn't an ongoing, mystery problem.

Healthy, normal gait wishes coming your way!

Chris and Ricky said...

Oh no, poor Miley! It sure is hard to figure out what we dogs are feeling and what we need! Sorry you are pulling out of the trial. Mom is still debating what we are going to do......

Natasha said...

Aww! Poor Miley! A couple years ago I noticed that Mika was licking her front left paw a lot, so I checked it and so that it was really swollen and bruised. I'm guessing she bruised it on the A-frame (that was back when we did 2o2o), probably while slowing down for the 2o2o. I gave her a week's rest and she was all better. So Miley's foot thing could be because of one of the A-frames, even though you don't do 2o2o...dontcha hate these mysteries!

~Nat