Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A weird statement

Yesterday when talking to the vet about Mileys limp on the dogwalk, and she said she thought it was a gait problem. She also asked if I couldn't just slow Miley down on the dog walk. Don't let her run so fast so the gait changes would be easier. I'm sure I had this perplexed look on my face.( Slow down, no one wants there dog to slow down. We are trying to speed them up.) She said, Well you are not going to be on the world team or anything. I thought this was a weird statement. I debated whether I was going to put in on my blog or not. Did it hurt my feeling, I guess. I'm not even sure why. I really don't know what my goals are for Miley and me. First I'm just trying to get her to hit her contacts. Then try to get into the higher classes at trials. Then work on titles and things from there. I do feel Miley has something special. (I'm sure you all are smiling, we all feel that way, Huh? ) But, there is "Something about Miley"......

5 comments:

Sara said...

OK, I'm going to play high school teacher now and say, "She's just jealous".

Of course Miley has something special. Everyone who reads this blog knows it! We all are in awe of Miley.

I think you two are a wonderful team, and I look forward to congratulating you on all your future titles - and why not the world team?

Dawn said...

Of course there is somethng about Miley! She's the fastest little 1 1/2 year old I've ever seen! And darn cute too! :)

Nicki said...

I don't think that's a cool thing to say. I would probably be a little offended-even I had no intention of being on the world team how is anyone who doesn't know you supposed to know that or assume that. And no kidding, no one wants their dog to slow down. It's not my dog, but if the only thing I was seeing was an occasional foot up on the dogwalk I don't think I'd worry about it. She's jumping and running great and acts like she feels good. If you weren't watching video would you notice the foot up? I probably wouldn't but maybe you have better eyes than mine.

When I got Legend I was always thinking she ran weird. I'd watch her constantly to see if she was favoring her hind end. I was scared to take an x-ray because I didn't want to find out that she was dysplastic. I finally did take one and her hips are really good-especially for a rescue dog who probably wasn't bred by someone very responsible. She just has a differeny gait style than my other dogs.

I don't know if any of that was helpful but I guess my point is no one should tell you what you can and can't accomplish with your dog and try not to obsess too much!

Anonymous said...

I think Miley is very special. She is so fast! And you are doing a great job with her. I would too, be offended if someone said that to me. Why? Anyway, it sounds like Miley is fine -- if it was me, I would just keep watching her, but try not to obsess about it (not that you are, but it is what I would do - I still am obsessive about watching Hannah's gait from her little episode before Christmas).

Chris and Ricky said...

I don't understand why the vet would make a statement like that - you have every right to be offended. Maybe she just said it out of frustration?

There is obviously something very special about Miley! Keep up the really great work you are doing with her. Mom says try to relax (not easy, she knows) and have fun doing agility - Miley loves it so much!