Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Dogwalk Slat comparison

Here is a picture comparing my dogwalk slat from home with the dogwalks at the training field. The lower slat with the blue and white paint is mine from home. The picture to the left is our clubs new dogwalk. The slat is very high compared to my home slat. The picture to the right is the old dogwalk our club still has. I video taped her tonight on the old dogwalk. I didn't see any sips and I let her run the new dogwalk once and I saw a skip. (skip defined as holding her leg up). I'll try to post the video tomorrow, I'm to tired tonight. But I think this shows the difference in heights pretty well. Which could be why I'm seeing no skip at home and a skip at the training field. Ive been using the new dogwalk. ( click the picture if you want to see it bigger)

7 comments:

manymuddypaws said...

slats suck. we don't have slats at all anymore except on the frame and they HAVE to be small- can't remember the actual width- but I know we had to shave ours down..

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

So I wonder if the higher slats really bother her or she is just not used to them? Looks like the surface of the different slats is different too, rougher as opposed to smoother, wonder if there are any studies about how those type of things affects the dogs?

Sara said...

That is definitely a big difference in height.

I think you are gathering enough information to write a research paper on slats! Maybe you could write an article for clean run after all this.

I'm going to check out our dogwalk at school's slats. I've never really noticed them.

Lian said...

Oh dear! The two slats in your club are definitely a BIG difference. I don't know if there is a standard in the AKC? The picture on the left definitely look like a very uncomfortable slat to run on!

Anonymous said...

what kind of camera do you have??

Diana said...

I have 2 cameras. One that I usually use for still shots is Canon rebel xs. The videos are taken with a Casio exilm s880. Diana

Anonymous said...

thanks... i love your blog so much never stop writing it! I read it every day!!