Saturday, September 4, 2010

What a week

This week was quit possibly the worse week at a job Ive ever had. A child was at school with a medical problem and the parents didnt tell me. They didnt write it on her health card and they didnt call me. If I had know I could have researched the condition so I would have a better idea about what was involved. So when she was knocked down at recess by some boy trying to catch a football, I would have had the information I needed to take care of her. Ugh!! She is ok but still.... How many more kids are in school with some problem that Im unaware of. Makes me really want to find a new job. Ive been so worried about what happened at school that I given myself a canker sore the size of Michigan on the inside of my cheek.

I really miss the long walks and hikes I take with the dogs. It really helps me decompress. I would rather give up agility then the walks and hikes. I do miss agility too. Thats usually a time when I can completely forget about all the problems in my life and think only about what Im doing right then. Its gives my brain a vacation.

I took the dogs to another park this morning. We havent been to this park in several years. Guienss was very good and didnt bark at any bikes. Very weird. I would like to think its just that Im a good trainer but that isnt it. Im not sure why he didnt react. Maybe he wasnt comfortable so he controlled himself. There is a walking path that looks down over the water. But the views always have trees in the way. I did leave the path once and went down by the water. It was very shaddy and I had to use a flash to get this shot.
This picture is kinda cool with the sun squares coming thur the trussels and showing on the pillers.

Here is the walking path. I should have taken a picture of the sign that said beware of alligators.
Here was the path through the woods down by the water. It was probably just made by people wanting to get down by the water. It was very narrow and some places over grown. We werent on it very long because I didnt want to over due it with Miley. Plus when you walk at a snails pace it take forever to get anywhere.
I dont know what kind of plant this is but its very pretty.
The train passed over head. Guiness really didnt like that.
I could have spent hours here but I know not with Miley. When she gets better we are going to have a great time investigating this place.

An this funny was posted in "The State" newspaper this week. I hope I cant get in trouble for posting this.

10 comments:

AC said...

Ugh, so sorry about your rough week. Your incident at school sounds very scary and it baffles me that you wouldn't be informed about something like that, especially if the student's safety was/is at stake.

Hope your walk helped decompress the stress. Looks like a great park (until you mentioned alligators. Just the thought of them gives me goosebumps. I have regular scary dreams that involve alligators...)

Here's to a relaxing weekend!

Sara said...

Great cartoon!

I hope the long weekend is enough time to recover from you rough week. I'm glad you can still get out and walk Miley, even if you have to go super slow!

Chris and Ricky said...

Sorry to hear that you had such a bad week! I know what you mean about loving the walks and hikes and about agility giving your brain a vacation. I feel the same way!

Hope school is better next week and that Miley can go back to all of her regular activities soon!

Marie said...

Sorry you had such a bad week! I can only imagine how much I worry about the dogs that I take care of. I hate it when people don't tell me about little things and then I notice them while the dog is here and spend the rest of the time panicking about whether it's a new or old condition. Ugh!

Looks like a lovely walk, even if it was at a slower than usual pace. Looks like you have lots of interesting things to take pictures of along the way.

Amy / Layla the Malamute said...

Wow - what stupid parents! I don't mean to sound judgmental, but I'd think that's one of the most important things to tell you. Unbelievable.

The park looks beautiful. Personally, I love freight trains, so that would've just been a huge bonus for me.

Noah said...

Sorry to hear about your week. The pictures are great. Looks like a great place for a walk but Noah wouldnt survive. He loves the water and I'm afraid the gators would love him! So we will stick to places a little safer...LOL.

Dawn said...

What kind of parent doesn't inform the school nurse of all their child's issues? Can the principal send home a note to all the parents reminding them to send you EVERYTHING? And did these specific parents have anything intelligent to say after the incident?

Great photos...those pillers with the sun? I thought that was PAINT, very cool!

Hope you guys get to explore more when Miley is better. I am going to miss long walks with Katie too. :(

Too bad we're not all independently wealthy.

Arran, Arthur and Mum said...

Beautiful photos! Hope the job is better next week, pretty irresponsible of that pawrent!
~lickies, Ludo

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear that you had such a rough week and I hope everything is okay now if not getting better.

Don't understand why the parents always don't give the full medical information of their children to the school. Don't they know that by doing so, they actually put their children in danger! Sigh!!!

Always like your pictures, they are beautiful.

Morganne said...

Sounds like some clueless and irresponsible parents. Sorry you have to deal with that!
Beautiful pictures and I'm with you - I love hikes and walks every bit as much as agility. In fact, I think they are so important for our dogs to have some down-time from competition - to relax and just be dogs.