Sunday, September 19, 2010

Looking up


Walked at the park today.

I dont know what these big bird were but they were big. And not scared of the dogs. The dog kept barking and they wouldnt get off the path. They did finally leave but it took us almost on top of them to do it.





The water is way down so you could walk on the rocks. I dont think we've had rain in a month. Its been 95 degrees everyday so everything is crispy. The mornings have started out cool so that has been nice.
The good news is the rehab vet called me last night. She wants me to start hill walking, ball work, stretching and caviletties with Miley. No jumping, no off leash stuff. But at least its something.
Guiness is still acting weird. When walking a lot of the time, he is trailing behind me. An a few times he refuses to walk anymore. Im going to see if they will do his blood work tomorrow. He is still eating and drinking. Im not sure what is going on.

11 comments:

Sara said...

PoorGuinness. I hope they can figure out what's going on with him.

I'm glad you have some new things you can start working on with Miley. That is good news.

onecollie said...

Tate started to walk behind me, he was diagnosed with arthritis in his elbows & a bit in his pasterns, he now gets glucosamine liquid everyday & it has made a huge difference!

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

Hope Guiness is ok....I am sooo glad Miley is doing well and ready to start some exercises. Really pretty pictures

Urban canines said...

The birds look like they could be wild turkeys.

Chris and Ricky said...

I hope you get some good news about Guiness! Great news about Miley! I know it's slow going but at least she is healing.

I thought that maybe the birds were vultures.

Unknown said...

Oh no!!
I really hope Guiness gets better! This year sounds terrible for all our dogs :(
Glad Miley can do some exercise now! Hope she recovers quickly :)

Jules said...

I am glad Miley can start to do more - I am sure you both are too.

You have probably already done this, but have you tested Guinness for TBDs?

LauraK said...

That's great that you can start doing more interactive stuff with Miley! Resting a high energy dog is SO difficult. Glad things are looking up for you! Hopefully Guinesses' blood work is ok!

Dawn said...

I'm glad you can start to work with Miley, it will keep her somewhat occupied and maybe she won't be so crazy.

I think those birds might be turkey buzzards, if they flew away...maybe plain ole turkeys if they walked away into the woods.

AC said...

That sounds like good news for Miley and I hope you can get some answers for Guiness.

I usually see big, exposed rocks like that on the coast but they usually have seals on them. I found myself looking for the seals!

Unknown said...

Hi Diana, the tank is fully covered if it's not used so Eva won't be able to jump in and the height of the tank is 31".

I usually let Mika have two sessions a day, each with 5 minutes. For Eva, she has a longer fun for about 10 minutes with an interval in between on weekend as it's really troublesome to get her completely dry.