Monday, September 13, 2010

"U" day

<


Well today is ultrasound day to see if Miley's muscle is healed and we can start exercise. (please o please o please). I know there is a chance is isnt healed but Im keeping my fingers crossed that it is. Yesterday we took Miley to the hiking park with all the hills. We havent been there in 6 weeks. I just wanted to see if she would want to walk up that one hill. Its the first hill you come to and just shortly after you start the walk, so we didnt have to go far. Well, she wanted to go up the hill. She went pass the point of were she usually refused and was pulling ahead. WhooHoo!! No we didnt walk the hill and turned around and went back. But she would have walked it. I hope that is good news. I now know that Miley will do agility no matter what is wrong but will refuse hills when hiking if injured and its not a quirky sheltie thing. Its funny to, there are lots of other hills on this path and this was the only one she was refusing. Maybe it was the grade of the hill or the lenght of the hill. Its a pretty long grade up. The pictures above are of the hill. It keeps going up around two more turns until you get to the top.

I hope today is a good day. Work has not been going nicely. Lots of problems. I have a DHEC immunization report due Oct. 1. So Im going through tons of shot records. And because someone didnt do part of their job, my job is now much harder and my report may look bad if I dont get these problems fixed. Ugh. Im so tired of people not stepping up to the plate and doing their job. And no just their work job. Life jobs too. There are so many things I dont want to do but you just have to suck it up and do it. Thats life. Like, Im in charge of the "walk to school" that is Oct. 6th. It wouldnt be so bad if it wasnt at the beginning of school when I have 900+ new students to get into the system and get information to teachers. Put medicaid numbers in, do vision and hearing screening on all new kids ect... The walk to school, at this school, is a major event that the nurse is in charge of. So I have to get the USC cheerleaders and Mascot to come. The high school cheerleaders and football players to walk with the kids. Invite local political leaders to come. Get the police to monitor the walking path. Make sure I have enough teachers in different spots along the way to school. Permission slips for all the kids walking. I give ribbons to all the kids that participate. We have a breakfast for about 500 people that needs to be donated, which I do have a PTO person helping me with that. Have a poster contest about the walk and give a prize for the best one. Have a pizza party of the class that has the most kids walk. Locate the parking lots for people to park and start walking. Well you get the picture. And "Julie" from the "Love Boat", Im not. Ugh!

8 comments:

Elayne said...

Fingers crossed for you that Miley is o.k.

Chris and Ricky said...

Our fingers/paws are completely crossed that you get great news with Miley's ultrasound later today!

I had no idea a school nurse would have to be in charge of walk to school day! It gave me a headache just reading all the stuff you have to do. You may not be Julie, but if you can organize your club's agility trial, you can do anything!

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

There is a lot to being a school nurse I would not have thought of...it really sounds intense, esp. I bet at the first of the year.

OOOOOOOOH I am holding my breathe to find out about the ultrasound, my fingers are crossed....my toes are crossed....let us know right away what you find out!!!!

Sara said...

I hope you get good news at the vet.

Walk to school is a big to do at your school. I don't think we even do that.

Dawn P said...

Good luck today. Makes sense - the hill thing. When I pulled my iliopsoas, hills and stairs were the most difficult.

Keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

Unknown said...

Argh! Sounds like so much work to be doing!!!

We're praying Miley's ultrasound goes well!!! I'm glad she would have gone up that hill :)

Dawn said...

Hope Miley's report came ack clean...and wish you had a bit of help for that walk thing...that seems quite a bit of "BEYOND THE CALL OF DUTY" for a school nurse!!

Unknown said...

Hope you get a good result from Miley's ultrasound later. Good luck!!!