Tuesday, September 28, 2010

UpDate

So the vet called today.  Guiness's cardiac enzymes came back a "little high". Hmmm, now they want to do a chest xray.   His thyroid level hadnt come back yet.  I told them I wanted to wait until the thyroid came back.  Im still holding out his thyroid is low and causing all these problems.  So anyway, I was to scared to take him for a walk in case it is his heart. He seems to have burst of energy but its short lived. Only Miley got to walk today.
Miley is doing ok. We are still hill walking, leash walking, ball work, caviletties and stretching.  Im still going once a week to Charlotte for ultrasound.  I was suppose to go for ultrasound tomorrow but I canceled it.  Ive just to much to do with the trial stuff starting Thursday.  I think my sister is worried about me after that crazy nervous breakdown post. So she is coming to help me with the trial.  I told her she will probably be bored but she wanted to come anyway.
I dont have anything interesting to post.  It rained 2.5 inches on Sunday and Monday.  Finally some rain after a month of nothing.  Im sure all the tress are happy.  Mostly the leaves are just turning brown and falling off. But the trees in the above pictures still look good.  So maybe there is hope for some fall colors yet.

9 comments:

Dawn said...

Thyroid is easier to deal with, so I hope it's that!!!

Patti and DeBoys said...

We will keep praying for Guiness, wishing the best for him.

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

I wonder if the thyroid could be making it hard on the heart. it seems like that thyroid level is sure taking awhile to come back, I could swear when I have Skylers levels they are always back the next day or I think when I had the whole big panel done by Dr. Dodds I could swear it only took two days. That is nice that your sister cares and is willing to come and sit around at a trial, that must make you feel good, that is very sweet.

Unknown said...

I really love that last picture of Miley with that clear blue sky and the pylons. It's beautiful!!

I'm hoping that news for Guiness won't be too bad. It has been a terrible year for all our dogs.
Glad Miley's ok.

Lian said...

So sorry to hear about Guiness, hope everything is ok with him.

Sara said...

Waiting for results is the worst. I hope you find out soon...either way.

Chris and Ricky said...

I think it is a good idea to wait for the thyroid and like Kathy's thoughts on that. It would be so much easier to deal with. Fingers crossed!

I would love to see some video of Miley doing her ball work and /or cavalettis if you get a chance to make a video (after the trial is over).

It's great that your sister is coming to help this weekend!

Jules said...

I hope you get the results asap. I hate waiting for lab results!

Anonymous said...

I used to have a boxer. Boxers have lots of heart issues, and the breeders have to test their dogs by having them wear a heart monitor. One of my breeder friends had her dog wear the monitor and the results showed the dog's heart was bad. But then they tested the thyroid and found the thyroid was really the root of the problem. Once the thyroid issue was corrected, the heart tested normal....

Diane