Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Rest is killing me


(This baby horse was at the feild. very cute. I wish I had gotten a picture of him watching the dogs run the dogwalk)
I went to the doctor today. My hip has been hurting. The weird thing is, it doesnt hurt to run or walk. It hurts sometimes when sitting but really hurts when lying down. Sometimes waking me up at night because I must have been sleeping on that side. So this lead me to the doctor. I have gained 10lbs, my blood pressure is up and I have bursitis in my hip. Ugh!! See Miley's rest is killing me. I think all the driving in the car and then sitting on the floor to keep Miley from jumping has really irritated my hip. Im not really exercising because I feel bad leaving Miley at home.
Monday I started up the agility class our club is holding for members new and trying to learn agility. We havent held any classes all summer because it was way to hot. Of course it was hot Monday too. Class went well and you can tell the student have been working all summer. They plan to enter a few runs at our trial in October. It should be fun. I cant run Miley in our trial so thats crappy but its just life. The only thing that irritates me is taking 2 days off from work and I cant run a dog. Anyway after class , when all the students had left, the other instructor and I were talking. After several minutes I started feeling nauseous. The feeling just kept getting worse and worse. Finally I told the other person I needed to go home. I open the passenger side of the car and sat down. I then told him I felt really sick. The nausea was just horrible. I kept thinking, any second Im going to vomit right at his feet. Ugh! Then when sitting in my car I got that ear rushing noise and started feeling like I was going to pass out even though I was sitting. I put my head down but it didnt get better. I kept telling the instructor I was ok and they could go home. He didnt want to leave. I guess I was embarrassed. Why do you think we do that? You shouldnt be alone when your sick. One time my sister was at a party and this guy started coughing. He thought he was being disruptive or maybe he was embarrassed and went into the bathroom. They found him dead. He choked to death. Any way, I called my husband and he said he would come get me. But he was 40 minutes away. I felt like death. After maybe 10 minutes or so I felt better. I had turned the air conditioning in the car on, maybe that did it. So I called my husband back and told him I felt better and was ok to drive. Thank goodness, that was horrible. I hope that doesnt happen again. Hey none of this post was about the dogs. LOL

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh dear, I hope you're feeling much better now.

Hope Miley gets well soon and both of you can have your usual routine back again!

Sam said...

Sorry you haven't been feeling well. Nothing worse that that woozy, nauseous feeling - I know exactly what you're talking about.

My mom has bursitis in her hip, too, and overexercise definitely aggravates it. You and Miley must be getting so fed up over having to rest.

Katie, Maizey (and meeka in our hearts) said...

Bleh! Sounds like you're feeling awful, so sorry! I often wondered why we as humans are afraid to be sick in front of others, its like when you fall and then pop back up, looking around like, "Nope, I'm fine! Fall, what fall?" LOL

I had cockatiels and they do not show sickness until it is very serious, even close to death, because in the wild it makes them more vulnerable as prey.

With Meeka, she kept up such a stiff lip, being so stoic and not wanting to seem week, and always comforting us right to the end.

Maybe as humans we don't want to show weakness, or maybe we just feel a need to be stoic for others as Meeka did.

Or maybe we are just crazy!LOL Feel better soon!

Sara said...

I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Pain is so depressing to live with. Add to that your entire routine being in turmoil,no wonder why you felt nauseous.

I wouldn't want people hanging around me either if I felt sick.

Chris and Ricky said...

Oh my gosh - I hope you are feeling better now. The heat must've gotten to you or did you not eat or something? I wouldn't want people around me if I were sick either but I am glad the other instructor stayed with you just in case.

I'm sorry Miley won't be able to run in your club's trial esp. when you have to be there working so hard. I can only run 1 day in our club trial because of having to work.

Try to take it easy on yourself and maybe start walking for exercise a little if the weather cools down - Miley will forgive you when you are fit and ready to run the minute she is!

Dawn said...

I hope things are a bit better now. It's so hard to rest when you're used to going going going all the time. You and Miley just aren't meant to be lying around looking at each other!

How many more weeks of quiet does Miley have to endure!? And you?

Jules said...

Oh no, I am sorry to hear about your hip. Did he have any helpful ideas to help you? Maybe PT? I have bursitis in my foot and I find it so painful. I am going to try acupuncture.

I hope you feel better today - extreme nausea is scary!

LauraK said...

I hope you get to feeling better, sounds like you've have a frustrating week!

Hopefully you make it through Miley's rest period and you'll be back to agility in no time. Trust me, I know how hard it is resting an active dog :) Best of luck to you both!

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

wow, that really does not sound like any fun at all...Maybe you could do a nice yoga, stretching type class at a really nice easy pace and Miley would be ok with you gone for that, tell her it is to keep her mom feeling good ;-), so it would be her investment in your future. Be really careful, glad you took time to rest and did not power through and perhaps pass out driving...how scary is it to feel like that when you are far from home....
I really hope you are feeling better......

onecollie said...

oh how I feel your pain! I also have bursitis in my hip, I can't sleep at night as the pain keeps waking me up, same as you it isn't too bad when I'm walking or running, but other times it just aches constantly!
I have finally started to do steroid shots in my hip, I just couldn't take the pain any more :((