Saturday, September 11, 2010

Feeling Dumb


Remember me telling you about Guiness's rash. Well it just hasnt been getting better with the Benadryl. And Ive found the benadryl tablet on the floor a couple of times. I guess after he got all the peanut butter off of it, he spit it out. Anyway, I made he a vet appt. Guess what, he has a staph infection. OMG, how dumb am I? I thought that stuff was just from him scratching himself and irritating his skin. I didnt know it was infected. Crap, Im just like those parents at school that dont know to take there kid to the doctor. Poor Guiness. He has been refusing to go on walk in the morning but he has done that before. And in the evening , he has been walking behind me. Ugh! So they gave him a steroid shot and some antibiotics. Did you know you could go to Publix and get your dog antibiotics for free? Me either. But thats what I did. Its a huge capsule,so last night to make sure he got it down, I just put it down his throat. But after that he kept doing this little cough gag thing. So to get him to drink some water, I added "Go Dog" to the water. It was the first time Ive used that stuff. All the dogs loved it. Mickey and Miley started growling at each other over the stupid water bowl. Must taste good. This morning Guiness seems better. He went on the morning walk and he played with toys too. I didnt realize he wasnt playing anymore until he played this morning.
These pictures are from last week.
.">




10 comments:

Sara said...

I'm glad to hear Guiness is feeling better. We don't have Publix up here, wish we did! I've paid out a small fortune in antibiotics the past three weeks!

Maybe I'll get some of that Go Dog stuff to keep on hand for when my dogs have diarhhea. Seems like a good way to keep them hydrated.

Noah said...

Happy to hear Guiness is feeling better

Dawn said...

UGGGH...having dogs is just like having kids isn't it! Well. Not JUST like..but close. Glad he's feeling better. Wish those dogs could talk so they'd tell us what's up with them.

LOVE the grass picture in the middle..would make a cool painting!

Dawn P said...

What's Publix?

Dawn

Unknown said...

Please don't feel dumb!
Don't blame yourself for not having seen it any sooner. Better late than never, right?
I'm glad he's getting better. 'Go Dog' sounds like a really yummy doggy supplement!

Diana said...

Publix is a food store like Giant or Safeway. We dont have Giants or Safeways here lol Diana

Chris and Ricky said...

I don't think you should feel dumb either. Stuff isn't always obvious and now you know what Guiness' problem is and you are treating it. Glad he is already feeling better!

Ricky rarely drinks water in public so I worry about his hydration at trials. Maybe I should try some Go Dog too.

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

wow, who would have thought! Staph, how weird is that? Glad it sounds like it is on its way to being better now! How funny with all the dogs wanting that water bowl. Beautiful pictures.

Dawn P said...

We don't have Giant or Safeway either.

Dove said...

Aw I hate rashes
~Dyno
Well don't beat yourself up you didn't know
~Bella
Hope the horrid vet will make things better
~Roxie