Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Are You Smarter than a Squirrel?

Yesterday Miley is standing on the deck watching something for a long time. She cant go out into the yard. I finally go out there to see what is going on. First I see Mickey.




The I see this.

There are two trees in our backyard that are off by themselves. So the squirrel is treed and cant go anywhere unless he jumps down. Once to the back of the yard all the trees connect and its no longer a problem. But these two trees , you're stuck.
Then Guiness gets in on things. He is very noisy about things. A few times the squirrel tried to get down but had to run back up.
















So the squirrel decided he was stuck for a while and would just hang out.


Then Guienss left, to boring. Mickey was still there. Quiet and patient.





Waiting.










Finally I guess the squirrel decided he was going to take a chance.


Even with the chihuahuas right there.






The squirrel takes a mad dash with the chihuahuas in hot pursuit. The squirrel ran behind the baby pool.





And the poor Chihuahuas have no idea where he went. There he goes, running through the back yard.




He stopped a few times, the Chihuahuas none the wiser.



Catch me if you can!


















16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that squirrel looks down right suicidal if you ask me. That was pretty bold to make a break for it with the Chihuahuas right there. You can bet my JRT's are hoping this squirrel makes it into our backyard!

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

LOL, how funny. someone has a lot of patience though....too bad they did not figure out that baby pool trick the squirrel had up his sleeve!

Chris and Ricky said...

LOL! Good for those chihuahuas having all that patience! I love the game of treeing a squirrel - I usually give up and then mom will see the squirrel trying to come down and she yells "big tree" and off I go to get that squirrel! Some day I will catch one!

Granite State Pet Sitting said...

Looks like everyone had a grand time with Mr.Squirrel. Good Exercise for Everyone.

Sara said...

LOL. Too funny. Love the photo of the squirrel sprawled out on the branch.

It's nice to see your little guys in action.

LauraK said...

That's awesome that you got all of that on film! I love the one of the squirrel lounging in the tree, and the mad dash of chihuahuas :) thanks for sharing!

Dawn said...

What a great pictorial! I can't believe the squirrel got away! Guiness just isn't patient enough! LOL! And the little guys? Probably got confused by each other!

Marie said...

Pretty funny photo sequence. I know the squirrels are a real nuisance in some areas, but we don't have many here, so I am always entertained by them when I do see them.

Unknown said...

LOL!!
This post made me smile :)

I think squirrels are cleverer than dogs! But I gotta give it to do the dogs for staying there until the squirrel jumped off the tree!

Lian said...

Brilliant pictures! Love them!

My shelties will go crazy when they see a squirrel, they will have patient of a saint to wait for the squirrel to come down from the tree!

Jules said...

GREAT photos!

vici whisner said...

Maybe I need a chihuahua!

Vici
Life and Times team whisner

tervnmal said...

Very fun pics! Thanks for making me laugh.

Arran, Arthur and Mum said...

I never get to do that! We only has red squirrels up here and they pretty endangered and shy! We casnot have grey ones cos they give our ones a disease, but I sure would like to chase one. BOL!

Dawn said...

Hey Diana - on the news last night they asked us to guess which city had the most days so far this year over 90. The choices were Washington DC, Atlanta, Columbia SC and a fourth that I can't remember.

Guess who "won!" You did with over 100, maybe something like 130 days (I can't remember for sure) of over 90 degrees.

Bet there's a contest you'd rather lose! LOL!

Elf said...

Great photo essay!