Monday, September 7, 2009

Im feeling better

I'm finally feeling better. I no longer feel like bursting into tears because I feel so bad. I'm very tired now but that's ok. I can deal with that.
I took the dogs to the field this morning. Guiness wasn't going to let me leave without him. So he got to come. We had a clean up day at the field last week and had trash that needed to be disposed of. So we took my husbands car to load the trash into. He has a Honda element, its easy to clean if something messed up the car. That was the real reason for going to the field.

I decided to set up a course and run both the dogs. Guienss was very happy to be there. I set up the course from this months Clean Run called "Can You Handle It?" I like it because it has a bunch of different ways to run the same course. First I ran Guiness. We thought that would be a good motivator for Miley. (Not that she needs any motivation). Guiness ran really well for a dog that never practices. In the beginning of the video, Miley pulled on the leash and my husband lost control of the camera.

I ran him on the course another time but a different sequence. He didn't really want to do it. He didn't want to wait at the start line, he would just walk away. Then he went around a couple of obstacles. So I didn't have him run anymore after that.

Then it was Miley's turn. Our real problem is getting into the weaves. She cant seem to get in unless I stay behind and let her find the entrance. Do you think that is a bad thing? It isn't independent obstacle performance if I have to stay behind, I should be able to be anywhere. I do think that she looks at my feet so much that if they are ahead of the weaves, she tracking my feet and misses the entrance. Then she realizes it to late, then gets in but of course its in the wrong pole. I'm not sure this is really the problem. Its just what I think is happening.

Beware Miley doesn't get on the a-frame correctly and cant keep control and jumps off. She landed fine and was ok. It looks ugly on the video. I then had her run the 2nd half of the sequence again to get the a-frame in again correctly. She did well. More the reason to have rubberized contacts. Also , Guiness is barking like crazy. You may want to turn off the sound.

9 comments:

Dawn said...

Man I'm glad you let Guiness run. He looks like he's having fun, even if he did just want to do it once, and on his terms! LOL! And Miley? What a sweetheart she is and a joy to watch run. I'm glad she was OK when she slipped off the A-frame.

Sara said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. I think you should have a 3 day weekend every week! You deserve it, and need it!

Lian said...

Glad you are feeling better! I love to see Guiness ran, he looks so happy. Miley is awesome especially her contacts!

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

I am glad you are feeling better, and it looks like a great practice session, Miley is always so awesome

Marie said...

Nice to hear that you're feeling better. Also nice to see the video of Guiness. I thought that they both looked great. Miley is just such a speed demon!

Chris and Ricky said...

So glad to know you are feeling better! Sorry you were sick over the long weekend though.

Miley's slip off the aframe was very scary looking! It didn't seem to bother her at all - she was still blazing fast!

And it was great to see Guiness run! He did look very happy to be out there!

Elayne said...

Wow, I'm glad you're feeling better and hopefully over all the stressful stuff.

I'm duly impressed that you were able to replace your car speakers. The internet is an amazing thing sometimes.

Morganne said...

Great videos! I encourage my dogs when they are young (and contact equipment is only 6 inches off the ground)to bail if they lose their footing. It's safer than the dog trying desperately to stay on. Less risky if they can jump off on their own.
Glad you're feeling better!

Dawn said...

By the way, LOVE LOVE LOVE your header photo of the two of them!