Thursday, September 10, 2009

Crash and burn

I'm finally feeling better. I went back to work today and made it through the whole day. I really wanted to go up to Charlotte for lessons tonight but I just didn't want to take a chance of another relapse. So instead I went to the training field. I set up the "Box Drills with C-shaped Tunnels" that was in last months clean run. We did pretty well. A few wide turns that required me to decelerate a lot, almost to an abrupt stop , to get her to come in and take the closer jump. Not sure what that was all about. Then she ran the course and she fell head over heels. When I slowed the video down, she took off way to early. There was no way she was going to clear the jump and fell into it.

She seemed to be ok. I had her run it again and she ran clean. We did the weaves twice and they looked good. Then also did a few jumps to the table. No problems there. Well, not today anyway.

I'm not sure I'm going to facebook anymore. I just don't think its my thing. If no one reads my blog , that's ok. I'm writing more for myself as a journal. ( Its still nice when people comment)

I signed up for a couple of lessons with Karen Holik. She will be here after our trial. To bad its not before. But that's ok. I hoping to use the next two trials just as practice. I'm not really feeling very confident out about abilities right now.

Im going to post a better run too. That way you dont think Im a complete idiot. O,yea dont forget to lower the volume because Guiness is barking.

5 comments:

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

Guiness is such a sheltie, LOL, and I have two....but actually when one dog is working my BC can bark just as much.....but it is funny how excited other dogs can get when agility is going on. Wow, that was a really early take off on the one jump, but overall she is doing great it looks like. The second run is awesome. Do you set your video on a tri pod when you practice, you get some good video.

Diana said...

Kathy, sometimes I use a tripod. But here my husband is video taping for me. Diana

Sara said...

I laughed when you wrote that you're not confident in your abilities and you don't want people to think you're an idiot!

Everytime I watch your videos, all I think are "wow", "incredible", and "how does she do that?"

Chris and Ricky said...

That was a spectacular crash - I am so glad Miley was ok! She is so excited to do agility that she can't even wait to take off for the jump! Her desire to play the game is just amazing!

Glad to hear you are feeling better!

Yes, we know we are completely spoiled by having trials close to home. If they don't fix the sand though, we will have to travel if we want to trial. So we'll see what happens.....

Marie said...

That was a pretty scary looking crash. I'm glad that Miley's ok. I hope your lessons go well with Karen Holik. You'll have to tell us all about them.