Sunday, September 13, 2009

Big Problems

This morning I was so excited. I was going to take Miley up to the field to practice a course. This coming weekend is our first trial in over 2 months. I was hoping to use this trial for practice but I wasn't expecting disaster. That's what our practice was, a disaster. I don't think Ive ever had a practice go this bad. She dropped more bars then ever. Most of them I could see she was taking off to early ( but not early enough to kill herself). But I was somewhat near her, she was going through a pinwheel and was at the farthest jump, dropped that bar and the next. It was weird. Things I was expecting to be a problem, were not and things I didn't think would be a problem at all, were. Ugh!!! And to top it off, she couldn't do the weave poles if her life depended on it. She has had problems getting into the first pole but never so many pop outs as she has had today. And it made me wonder if she was injured. So I set the camera up right in front of the poles to see if I could see anything. The only thing I could see was, right before she was going to pop out, her head would come up. I could predict every time she was going to pop out. ( I had also set the camera up beside the poles and that's when I could see her head come up. ) She also seems to come down a little wider, with more spring ,on her right then on her left. Not sure if that means anything. I added the final video I taped when she finally ran a short sequence and got all the weaves with out popping out. After that she got a big jackpot and we stopped.

I feel jinxed. Every time is time for a trial or a seminar, something goes wrong.

6 comments:

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

Miley was just getting out the mistakes before it really counted, you guys will do great!!!!!!!!

Nicki said...

I'm pretty sick and tired of my dog having issues too. Why can't they just spend two minutes in the ring doing what we taught them? Sometimes i wonder if it's worth it but since I keep coming back for more I guess it must be.

Diana said...

Nicki, LoL I feel your pain. Diana

Sara said...

At least Miley did them all once and got rewarded.

Fingers crossed that that's the Miley that shows up to the trial :)

Dawn said...

I remember when I played in a community band, and our "dress" rehearsals were ALWAYS a disaster, but come concert evening it all came together. I hope it all comes together for the two of you at the trial!

Chris and Ricky said...

It's true what Dawn said about dress rehearsals! And a musician often hopes for "bad" dress rehearsals because that means you get it all out then and the performance can be beautiful! Don't worry and have faith that it will all work out great at the trial!