Sunday, January 9, 2011

Teeter crash

Yesterday I was suppose to go to a seminar for a couple of hours.  But it was three hours from my house.  I just didnt have it in me to go.  So I decided I would go to the field and work on jumping courses that  I didnt run correctly at trials.   Usually we have class during that time but we didnt  have class.  When I got the the field other people were using it.  They said I could participate with them. They were running a course from Clean run,either Dec or Jan.  I really didnt want to run a standard course but I didnt have my choice. I could have gone home but I had just driven 40 miles.  So I walked the course. Miley was over the top with energy all day.  When I usually go to the field I let her run around while I set things up.  She didnt get that today.  The first time we ran the course was the best and it was down hill from then on.  One person said they think Miley thinks she is wrong when I make her rerun the course even though Im just doing it for practice.   She also had a bad crash off the teeter.  She is ok and got back on without issues.  I hope that doesnt turn into something.  After running the standard course, they did agree to run jumpers courses.  So we set up two.  

This run I didnt get the correct tunnel entrance #15 one time.  The other thing I learned is when  run jumpers courses at home she works with a lot of distance from me.  But its not that way a trials.  So is it me or her that changes at the trial? 




Today its freezing outside but we went to the park anyway. Here are some pictures.



8 comments:

Sara said...

I don't know how the camera person kept up with you two! Miley's drive is incredible.

Nice table!

Chris and Ricky said...

Gosh I thought Miley looked great! She was jumping nice and cleanly and her table was awesome! Wild girl on the teeter but she looked unfazed by it. Looks like a really good practice!

Unknown said...

Miley was wonderful. What a clever girl!

Loved the pictures too, especially the last two. Two happy doggies :)

Kiyi Kiyi said...

She is so fast! That teeter was scary, but you can tell that she LOVES to run the courses.

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

Looked like a good practice, and the pictures are gorgeous, really pretty.

Marie said...

Miley looked like she was on fire out there today. That teeter was really scary, but she really doesn't seem to let it slow her down at all!

Morganne said...

As long as the dog receives reinforcement, they don't care how many times they "repeat" obstacle sequences.

Miley looked awesome!

Anonymous said...

Always look fwd to seeing your videos, Miley looked brilliant, great table :-)