Sunday, January 23, 2011

Getting Closer

Well, Im beat.  Woke up at 4am to be at a trial by 7am.  And it was freezing there.  Windy and in the 20's.  My fingers were killing me, the wind just whipped thur my gloves.  No fun. The trial was in doors but you do have to go outside to let your dog use the bathroom and the side of the ring I was on, the practice jump is outside.  Brrrrrrr!  I did take Miley out to play ball and Frisbee. I bought one of those chuck-it Frisbee and she loves that thing.  
So first up was ISC JWW.  When I saw the course I thought, crap I cant do this.  I heard other people saying, while walking the course, I might just skip this run.  LOL
So we did the best we could.  I didnt run as planned. I had planned to pull in between 4-5 and front cross but I was to far behind. ( the theme of the day) But what I did worked, although not pretty. Sorry , the person starting the tape started a little late. I think it starts at jump #3.



We did stay on course. To bad we dropped a bar. But we had the second fastest time except for a dog that dropped 3 bars. 31.38sec. Funny it doesnt look like a fast run. We took 4th place. Only 1-3rd place got money. I guess in ISC you can drop a bar and still Q. WhooHoo for us!

Then it was a long wait for Ex. JWW. , 4 hours. Ugh! I tried to play with Miley outside but it was just to cold for me. I didnt work because I didnt want to hurt my back and it does feel better. I know that its rude not to work but I couldnt help it.

We had a good run but I pulled her off jump #6 ugh!  I was planning to front cross between #6 and #7. And I guess when I went to front cross, she pulled off.  The place that lots of dogs had problems was #10-#11.  Lots of dogs curled in after #10.  I couldnt really tell why. I think there handlers were to far behind which they were reading a deceleration.  I was more worried about pushing Miley to far and the would good over the #14 jump (off course) instead of coming to the #12 jump.  But that didnt happen. I was far behind and then had to handle from a distance which isnt as effective for speed.  But if I went in there, she would have gone off course.


No Q but we still had a good time. And NO CIRCLING!!! WhooHoo, we just might Q soon!

10 comments:

Chris and Ricky said...

Both of those courses made my head hurt just looking at them and you and Miley pulled them off with such ease! Really you two look so good! Congrats!


You don't have to feel bad for not working - it was good to save your back! Glad it is feeling a little better!

Dawn said...

Wow. She looks like she's having a blast. Too bad it was so cold and your back hurt as well. Good runs though! No circling is always a good thing!

Elayne said...

Very pretty runs! She looks very speedy and focused/in control.

Lian said...

WOW! You guys looked fantastic! Lovely runs!

Anonymous said...

Nicely done! Those looked like two tough runs and you guys looked very professional. Especially that ISC course.

Ah BRAC! Another one I always loved!

Sara said...

Wow, what tough courses! Miley looked focused and determined. No stress...that's awesome!

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

WHOOOO HOOOOOOO!!! CONGRAT! That was really great, when I saw your videos last night I knew you had to be so happy, the serpentine in the isc was beautiful and that was so nicely handled, and you and Miley looked really connected and working well together, Miley looked happy and confident, GREAT JOB!!!!! I am so happy for you and Miley!!!!

Dawn P said...

NICE JOB!!! You must be thrilled.

Anonymous said...

Great runs! You both looked so smooth out there.

Diane

Johann The Dog said...

Nice runs!!! You guys are really coming together :)