Saturday, January 22, 2011

Practice and other stuff

I took Miley out to the field to practice tonight.  We only practice in the yard a couple of times and we did struggle today.  I had the jumps at 16inches which is why she probably looks like she is jumping differently.  Why are they at 16?  Tomorrow Im going to an AKC trial.  I entered ISC jumpers.  Thats an international class and she has to jump 14inches.  So this week when we practiced I used 14 inches but at the field we can only set either 12 or 16. So I put them at 16.   It  was harder for her and I didnt worry when she dropped a couple of bars.  I  did like that I could get some distance from her in the weaves.



I also entered Excellent jumpers. Will see if we can stay on course. LOL

Now about my back. It was feeling fine until Wednesday. I had decided I needed to become fit. So I was going to add hopping, skipping and sprinting to my walks. So I did some skipping and just a few hops because I need work on that, and I did some sprints. I felt fine that day but the next morning my back was killing me. Its kinda weird. Sometimes it feels ok and then it feels terrible. I can run without a problem but picking up the jump bars on the ground, hurt my back. Hmmmm. Im not sure what to do.

I went to a School Nurse Conference on Friday night and Saturday. Friday night was on the legal aspect of school nursing. Well, that scared the crap out of me. It made me want to quit my job. LOL Today was on diabetes and bullying. The diabetes stuff was very interesting. Wow they are doing some great research and getting ready to put it into human trials. It has to do with insulin producing cells and putting them into the pancreas. That would be so wonderful if it works. The two ladies sitting in front of me were so rude. One sat there reading a catalog ( clothes, purses luggage ect..) and the other did sudoku. Why did they even come if they didnt want to learn anything?

I'll let you knew how tomrrow goes.  Keeping my fingers crossed we can stay on course.

7 comments:

Granite State Pet Sitting said...

We will keep our fingers crossedng that everything goes well on Sunday. It is Amazing how quick they can move.

Chris and Ricky said...

Good luck tomorrow!! I will really look forward to hearing all about it! Hope your back feels better!

Sara said...

Good luck today!

Sorry about your back, they can be so tricky. Hope you feel ok during your runs.

Dawn said...

Good luck tomorrow! Can't wait to read all about it!!!

Unknown said...

Miley is looking great!
I hope all goes well for the trial and your back feels better soon!!

Natasha said...

It's always so much fun to watch you and Misty, she has great drive! Good luck today!

Ouch, sorry to hear about your back. Have you tried chiropractic? I've heard that it works great for some people.

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

GOOD LUCK hope it goes really well!!! You guys are looking good.