Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Guiness On Tap in Rehab


That's Guiness's AKC name. I didn't name him, he came with his AKC papers from rescue. My husband thinks it is hilarious that my dog is named after a beer and I don't drink. ( This is an old picture so he still had a hanging tag back then. )


I talked to the rehab place today and I'm very sad. Guiness will have to stay longer than I thought. He had his second shock wave treatment last Wednesday and he will be given a complete exam with palpation 10 days after the treatment to see if he will need a 3rd shock wave. But other than that he is doing great (so they tell me). He is out of the water therapy now. He is on the land treadmill and not having any problems. They sometimes put bells on his feet. The bells make him hear the rhythm of lifting his feet and also make him pick his feet up higher. He is doing turning motions and cones. In a few days they will add a weighted backpack while walking.


I really, really miss him and want him to come home. Hopefully I will know something Monday. The only good thing about him being gone is that Miley is in heat. Guiness and Mickey are fixed but they will still try. Im planning on getting Miley fixed but I wanted her growth plates closed first.

No comments: