Monday, March 31, 2008

Great Practice

I was feeling bad all day today. I kept thinking about the problems I'm having with Miley and how they are my fault. Some how Ive encourage these behaviors even if I didn't mean to. The circling thing really has me worried. I came home today and change the course in my yard. I had 3 different types of treats: salmon, natural balance roll (beef) and hotdogs. I don't know if it was the treats or the variation of food. But she did great. Only one break in the start line stay. Only circled me three times and that was three times straight in a row. If you only knew how much a problem this had been, that is fantastic for her. She also came to me when I had her leash and walked to the door. Yea!!! Another thing I noticed that I needed to work on was her focus at the start line. She is focus totally on me waiting for me to send her. So I just did a few of those "one Jump exercises" . You have the dog sit in front of the jump and throw the toy over the jump. When the dog stops looking at you and looks at the toy, you release them. It is suppose to help them find their line. I only did this 3 times and it took her a while to look. But she didn't break the stay. The other thing I have been working on a long time is having Miley lie down when giving my dog Mickey his phenobarb. After he gets it all the dogs get a dab of peanut butter. Miley has been trying to stay in a down but usually breaks before her turn. But today she made it. Yea!!!!!

No comments: