Friday, April 4, 2008

Practice

This was posted on 04-07-08

These pictures were from the other day. I thought the first two were cute. Last one I kept in because she was driving out of the tunnel and was focused ahead and not at me. ( no I didn't step on the chihuahua).

Today's practice went well too. Much less circling too. She might have only done it twice. I was reading a Linda Mecklenburg article in Clean Run ( the Handling Issue). And she talks about not confusing a beginning dog by using turning cues with forward motion cues. I think I have been doing this. I was trying to run her like Guiness but forgot that she doesn't know what he knows. I think the last two times a have practiced with her Ive tried to be better about not integrating the two at the same time. She is getting better about start line stays, but broke once today.

The agility trial went well. The weather men were wrong all weekend. Saturday it stayed in the low 60's and poured down rain all day. The rings were under cover but any where else and you were soaked. Lots of mud too. Im glad I had my "bogs" on. They are great shoes. Sunday it didn't rain so that was a big plus. I took Miley on Sunday. She did very well. I played with her with the ball. She walked around without any issues. We did lots of nose touches. I had the back of the van parked next to the ring and she watched from her crate. She sat a watched and didn't bark once.

Im picking Guines up on Thursday if I can find someone to work for me.

No comments: