Friday, April 11, 2008

Guiness

Guiness is home. Everything seems fine. He is allowed to be off leash in the house. So far I haven't seen any limping. He looked fat to me when I first saw him, but I think it was just his coat. They had just washed him so his coat was all puffed out and he has some under coat that needed to be removed. When I weighed him he was less than when I brought him there. He doesn't have to go back to rehab, I just have to call them at week 4 and let them know how he is doing. Here is he rehab work schedule for home:
Week #1 (2) 20 minutes trots going directly to 5 minutes of the cone cavalletti
Week #2 (2) 15 minutes Flexi lead at all three gaits, walk trot and canter. Increase time by 3 minutes every other day
Week #3 (6) 50 yard sprints and agility training at 1/3 intensity level ( only straight lines)
Week #4 Flexi lead hikes increase agility training intensity to 2/3
Week #5 full training intensity

For the next 7 days he is to take Previcox (NSAID) once a day because he will be doing more activity at home then he was doing there. This is just a precaution. After the 7 days I can use it as needed. Lets say that he got in the back yard and ran full out to chase a squirrel, then I should give him one pill that day. He is to take Trixsyn for another 1-2 months then I can stop. He is also to take SynoviG3 for the rest of his life.

I took him for his trot last night about 8pm. When I was walking back up the street my neighbor let his Lab/pit mix dog out without a leash. He is a mean dog. He comes tearing down the street barking a growling. ( great I just got my dog out of rehab and here we go) I turn around and yell "stop" and sprayed my mace. The dog did stop but the mace didn't work very well. It only went about 2 feet and then got on my hands. The neighbor called his dog and I went to the house. I washed my hands but they continued to burn until I went to sleep. They were fine this morning but after I took a shower it started all over again. I have had lots of problems with my neighbors dogs being off leash. I have called animal control multiple times. I even have the dogs on video tape running around the neighborhood in case some thing ever happens.

Today I'm going to make the cone cavalettis. When I get them done I will video tape Guiness doing them. They are really cool. They work much better then ladder work.

2 comments:

Jules said...

Glad Guinness is doing well.

Can't wait to see the cone cavelettis - I am working on rear-em awareness with my boy!

Cat, Tessie, & Strata said...

For mace or pepper spray to work, you need to empty it right into their faces. It only goes about a foot at best.