Friday, October 1, 2010

Trial


Today was the first day of our trial.   I was still  exhausted when I got up this morning   from yesterday.  How was I going to make it through today.   Well of course I made it through but my legs are killing me.  I think I helped build all the courses except maybe one.  Good thing I wasnt running a dog.   The trial is really small this time.  Im not sure why.   So its a good thing several of us arent running dogs so we can help fill in.   
I made Miley pose for some pictures.  It was very hard to get her  stay with just her front feet on the rock.  She didnt like this game.  Hmmm , poor Miley.  She was so excited this morning when she saw the pink cooler go into the car.  She ran out the door into the garage.  She never does that. I usually have to chase her down because she hates the car.  Not today.  Will see if she still wants to come tomorrow.
Two students from our beginner class ran their dogs today.  They did great and I think had a great time.  Thats always fun to watch.  They were very appreciative of the help we have given them.  But I told them it was all them.  They did all the work and kept working during the summer when we had to stop class because of the heat.
The weather is nice except there is still a lot of wind.  Which wouldnt be bad if you arent trying to hold papers down or cork boards on easels.

10 comments:

Patti and DeBoys said...

Miley you look fabulous! Diana good to hear you survived the first day...take to Advil and lots of water; call us in the morning! :) LOL

Dawn said...

Miley is beautiful! Hope your legs settle down tonight so you can sleep! Sometimes it's fun to just work a show so that you're not so stressed about your own performance. That works the same way for races or marathons. It's fun to work a few, but in your heart you'd rather be out there DOING!

Amy / Layla the Malamute said...

Wow, it sounds more exhausting than actually competing in the trial! Glad that some of the beginner students had a good weekend. I'm waiting impatiently to be able to trial again - I don't count our first one as an "official" trial, because we were entered all 3 days and only got to do the first day because of Layla's stomach blockage. I guess it counts, but I don't consider it a REAL first trial yet.

Marie said...

Wow! Look at that coat on Miley in the first picture! I think she's got enough for she and Dare to share.

Glad your trial is going well, and that your students did well. That's awesome!

Chris and Ricky said...

Sounds like things are going well so far except for how tired and in pain you are - LOL! Hope you get some sleep tonight and that everything goes smoothly tomorrow!

katie, maizey, and magnus said...

Miley is so beautiful! I love those pictures. Hope you can have some fun at the trial, and not get too tired! :))

Sara said...

I'm glad things are going smoothly.

I bet it is fun to watch your students run! But I'm sure you are missing being able to run too.

I hope your legs last through the day.

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

Miley looks gorgeous, poor girl probably wondered why she did not gt to run. Hope you are careful and dont over do it-sounds like you were working HARD!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful Miley, look at her coat, isn't it gorgeous!

It sounds you had a good day and things are going smoothly. Get a good sleep and not to make yourself too tired.

Sam said...

I admit, I am very lazy when it comes to working trials - I almost never work agility events, always rally/obedience indoor stuff :) Of course, part of the reason for that is because I won't trial and work on the same day - occasionally, I will do Friday set up of a trial, because I like building the courses.