Tuesday, October 5, 2010

To Tired

Sorry its been so long since Ive updated.  It was a long 4 days of running the trial.  My body was really not happy at all.  Saturday went well and there was lots of help.  My sister came and we got to sit and talk. Now she knows what happens at an agility trial so she has a better idea of what Im talking about.  Then Sunday came and everything fell apart.  No sitting down Sunday.  First one of the sprinkler heads didnt shut off completely and drained all night.  So when the chief course builder got there, part of the ring was a flooded , muddy mess.  When we got there he was pulling the water off with a panel jump.  I felt so bad for him. It was cold and he was a muddy mess.  Poor guy.  So we moved the ring over. Then when the judge got there, she wanted to  move it over again.  Then some how what the premium, confirmation letter and the trail timeline said was different.  The premium and trial timeline said ring 1 started first. The confirmation letter said ring 2 started first.  I didnt know this because I didnt get a confirmation letter because Miley wasnt entered in the trail. Ugh!  So with ring 1 starting first, the sun was shinning right in those peoples faces and the dogs faces.  So we decided to delay the start of the trial for both rings by 30 minutes so the sun would be above the roof and no longer shining in peoples faces.   Ok, everyone happy.  Then the toilet clogged but there was no plunger anywhere.  Finally I went across the street and asked the fire department if they had a plunger, they did.  So I fixed the toilet.  I thought that was the worse job of the day.  Until a dog bit someone.  Ugh!  I spent hours trying to make sure we did the right thing , followed all the rules and filled out the right paperwork.  Its a mess and Im still working on it.  Not fun!


Guiness has had multiple blood work things done.  I dont think I told you his freeT4 was 1.1,( normal was .7-3.7)  .  His cardiac enzymes were elevated.  His were >3000.  The paperwork states if >1800, the likelihood that clinical signs (ie. respiratory and/or exercise intolerance) are due to heart failure is high. That doesnt sound good.  Today they did a chest xray.  It was normal. Checked his blood pressure , it was normal.  So they decided to rerun the cardiac enzymes and see if it was a lab error.  If not I will do an EKG.  I did walk Guiness tonight.  He did really well.  But when we got home he wouldnt come out of his crate that was in the car.  I called him and then tugged on his collar. Nope he wouldnt move.  So finally my husband just picked him up.  Very confusing and Im not sure what is wrong with him.

12 comments:

Sara said...

Wow, sounds like everything that could go wrong, did go wrong on Sunday. I'm proud of you for fixing the toilet yourself! I would have made the fireman come over and do it! (or called Jeff!).

Boy, Guiness is a mystery. I hope they can figure out what is worng soon. Not knowing can be so stressful.

Dawn P said...

Gosh, this is very confusing about Guiness. That thyroid level is LOW for a sheltie. I think I mentioned that shelties run high so anything in normal range is low. So given Guiness's numbers, he's very low. I'd talk to your vet about it. If he is not familiar with shelties and thyroid levels, he should do some research or speak to some colleagues.
http://www.illinoissheltierescue.com/thyroid.html
Read the first paragraph after the pictures. I'm pretty sure his thyroid is low.

Jules said...

Oh dear. Sounds like an absolutely exhausting trial. I am keeping Guinness in my thoughts.

Chris and Ricky said...

What a long four days! Sorry it got so bad on Sunday. Seems like you handled everything really well and I just don't know how you do it!

Hope you get good news from Guiness' second round of testing!

Unknown said...

What an exhausting week it has been for you!!
I'm so sorry things didn't go as planned.

I really hope Guiness is ok though. Will be keeping him in my thoughts and hope things get better for him.

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

If you do not find anything else did you do the full thyroid panel?, I went to some seminars where they discussed thyroid a lot and they said the more abbreviated test can give misleading results because the thyroid has to be 75% gone before that might show a change-I hope I remembered that right-it was a long time ago- but I do know we do just the regular T3 and T4 for SKyler now to monitor his thyroid, but up until then we did the full panel-so maybe you already did the full panel but just thought I would mention it since youjust mentioned the reslt of the T4. He sounds so much like my SKlyer with the not wanting to move. He also sort of soundslike my Maggie that did have heart disease, but she had a raging murmer from the time she was born and it got louder as time went on-she lived a long life and never needed meds until the last few weeks. Hummm Guiness is making everyone think....we are keeping him in our thoughts here.

That putting on a trial is something else, your descriptions really make me appreciate what everyone goes thorugh to put on a trial for US! You ROCK!!! Hope you get some rest to make up for those really busy days!

katie, Maizey and Magnus said...

I'm so sorry about Guiness, mysterious symptoms are *very* frustrating, as we found out with Meeka.

I thought what Dawn said about Thyroid Levels was very interesting. I know it's not the same, but with human thyroid levels different doctors feel the therapeutic range is different. And I know how bad low thyroid can make me feel so if it that is what it is I feel terrible for poor guiness! I hope he feels better soon!

Amy / Layla the Malamute said...

WOW that was a crazy trial!! That's insane. The weird thing is, a lot of the exhibitors had no idea what was going on behind the scenes, other than delaying the trial in the morning.

Sorry there aren't any answers yet for Guiness. I hope some answers are found soon.

AC said...

My goodness, I can see why you'd be tired! It sounds like you put in a lot of good work, even if everything seemed to go wrong.

Paws crossed for Guiness. That all sounds strange and disconcerting. Keep us posted (but get some rest first).

tervnmal said...

Trial weekends are exhausting even when everything goes right. Hope you've had a chance to catch up.

Keep us posted about Guiness.

Morganne said...

Poor Guiness and how frustrating not knowing what is wrong. Please post as soon as you know any news.

Dawn said...

You've got some good advice here. I just hope they can figure out what's going on with Guinness.

And doing the trial? You get bonus points for all that. Especially the toilet and the dog bite! You shouldn't have to head up a trial again for about a gazillion years!!