Saturday, October 9, 2010

Another Day

I feel like my blog has become so boring.  I never have anything fun and exciting to talk about. I feel like my life is SSDD (same sh>>, different day).   But not much I can do about it right now.
Guiness walked really well the last two days.  I started thinking, maybe Im over reacting.
They are having something at the park called "Wood Magic".  Im not sure what it is about but they had this big tractor sitting there. I thought I would take the dogs pictures.  I like the one with Miley in the tire.  There is also a  logging truck full of wood. I wonder what these people are learning about. I realize its something to do with wood.
I went back and took a picture of the snake skin.  Yuk, it must have been a big snake. Anyway back to Guiness. This morning I took the dogs to the park early.  It was cool, about 48 degrees.  I figured that would probably help Guiness out.  Well after 30 minutes he stopped and refused to go any more.  I listened to his heart rate.  Again it was just 60 beat a minute. And not really regular. There would sometime be this little pause. Usually your heart beat is consistent and you can count it like a metronome. But not Guiness. I had time to think, "Ok come on". Then the beat would come.  Weird.  So I carried him for a while. But 20 lbs. gets heavy quickly.  I put him down and he still wouldnt walk. So we turned around to go home. He was ok with that.  But when Miley realized we were going back, she wasnt happy. "Wait, we just got started. Im not done".   So I put Guiness in the car and walked Miley another 30 minutes. I figured it was cool enough and I was parked in the shade, so Guiness would be ok.  
I took Miley back to the park to walk again tonight.  It was now much warmer, 82.  I left Guiness at home. We had a nice walk.  We ran into these deer. The one kept stomping its foot at us. The they turned and ran making this weird noise. It reminded me of Jurassic Park.  I took video but the sounds is just like a bark on the video. Its to bad.  I guess Ive never heard a deer make any noise before. It just wasnt what I expected. And I cant figure out how to add a youtube video to the new blogger post site.  So I cant load the video.

11 comments:

Amy / Layla the Malamute said...

Deer have such horrible eyesight, when they stomp their feet they're trying to make whatever they can't see move so they can see if it's something to be scared of. Males grunt, babies sound like goats, and females bleat. Weird noises.

You probably knew all that already, but I like deer.

As for Youtube, on the Youtube site, underneath the video there's a button that says "Embed". Click on that and copy the whole box of html code, and paste in the blog where you want the video.

Nicki said...

That's cute with Miley in the tire.

Chris and Ricky said...

Very cool photos with the huge tires! That Miley will pose and smile any where! :)

Wonder what the heck is going on with Guiness?

I always thought that deer stomp to tell their kids to get away from the human and hide. I have never seen them stomping at people. Hmm...

Chris and Ricky said...

PS. Copy the embed code on YouTube and then go to edit html on blogger - when you are writing a post there is the choice between compose and edit html - you have to be in edit html mode to then paste the YouTube video. Switch back to compose and you should see the video is there in the post. Hope that helps!

Noah said...

As far as boring....just to see new pictures of them is worth the trip. Love Miley in the tire!

Sara said...

Your blog isn't boring!

Sounds like you made the deer mad. I wonder if they had some babies around?

Unknown said...

I love reading your blog, Diana.

The picture of Miley in the big tire is just hilarious. She's so cute there.

I don't know much about deer and if I see them, it means i'm at the zoo. I live in a typical concrete jungle city!!!

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

How did you get Miley to pose inside that wheel? That is just such a puzzler about what is going on wth Guiness ;-(

Dawn said...

No way would Katie get in that tire! I tried to get her to sit on a bench next to a scarecrow and there was NO WAY MAMA! Miley is so brave!

So poor Guiness...what the heck??

When Katie was a pup we went out on the back yard and there was a mama deer with her two baby fawn kids. One of the babies came toward us, put his head down and stomped his feet. I figure he was the boy baby. Katie and I went back inside! LOL

tervnmal said...

Love Miley in the tire! Maybe I will try that with the Belgians and one of our big farm tractors. Gotta start getting ideas for a Christmas card pic.

Cynthia said...

ooo very cute pictures. What a fun outing. :p I like snakes and think their skins are pretty cool.