Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Retraining contacts: 2o/2o

So Ive been working on retraining Miley's contacts. I read an article in Clean Run March 2007. It was called,"Get On Board, Elicia Calhouns' contact training program." But I must be losing my mind because I just couldn't understand the progress of the training. Also Miley wasn't getting it. (Ive been reading the article the last thing at night). Today , when I came home, I decided to reread the article again. ( for the fourth time) Well guess what? The other three times I missed the first page of the article. I missed information like, tilting the board at an angle. I also missed information that was written else where in the article. I was suppose to be training the down completely on the board. I wasn't doing this. Then you are to progress to the dog stretching to the 2o/2o position. I also missed dropping the treats on the board and not from my hand. So, I will now start over. I hope I haven't messed her up to much with my bad training. ( This could be due to the fact that my sheltie got me up again at 3:30 am. All these early mornings are effecting my brain)

2 comments:

Johann The Dog said...

Love your new header!!!!

Keep us posted on the new contact training.

Woofs, Johann

Chris and Ricky said...

I don't dare wake mom up at 3:30 or 4:00AM!!!

When I was learning 2o2o, mom would send me up a few steps on the stairs in the house and then tell me to "hit it" and I would do 2o2o on the bottom step. It's still one of my very favorite games in the world!