Saturday, October 18, 2008

More 2o/2o work

(sorry for the annoying dog barking in the back ground of the video. ) Since Miley seemed so excited when doing the board work in the yard, we decided to take the board inside. I also cut some of the board off to make it shorter. I think she is getting it now. I did notice that my clicks are still late. It doesn't feel late when I'm doing it, but when watching the video it seem really late. Today we practice the teeter game a couple of times. That really brings her to the end of the board. We ran some short sequences that went pretty well. There were some problems, like not reading the pinwheel and starting to lift up off the table before I said ok. So we worked on both those problems. We also did some weave poles. I added two poles to make it eight poles and she stayed in the poles until the end. So that was good. The last thing we did was practice some of the flat work on the "bridging the gap" video. I had her in a sit-stay and walked by her, jogged by her and then ran by her. And she stayed until the verbal "ok". I was surprised. I really thought when I ran by she would break, but she didn't. Yea!!

On a sad note, the birdhouse bark deterrent stopped working. It poured down rain yesterday and last night. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. Its suppose to be weather proof. So I took it inside for tonight to see if it needs to dry out. I hope it starts working again because things were great for a while.

No comments: