Sunday, October 12, 2008

Guiness craziness

I'm not sure what is up with Guiness. Lately he seems more reactive. He has been barking and lunging at other dogs when walking in the neighborhood. And its been transferring to Miley. I'm going to have to start walking them separately to see if I can get Guiness under control. Tonight my son came home from work and Guiness went crazy barking at him. Now granted , my son usually wears the same thing everyday. White t-shirt and khaki pants or shorts. But he works at the movie theater and has to wear black pants, black shoes, white shirt with a red vest over top. The dog went crazy and I couldn't get him to stop. Then when my son changed his clothes, Guiness was fine. Ive already told you how Guiness is fence fighting with the dog next door. Ive tried everything to get it to stop. I put black plastic on the fence and put another fence down the line.I have a water hose set up to turn on when it starts. I tried to treat and click for good behavior. I used a coke can with pennies in it. And of course he was on leash for weeks while trying to heal his limp. Nothing worked. So I bought the birdhouse (http://www.smartpakcanine.com/ProductClass.aspx?productclassid=6323&cmPreserveSource=true&cmPreserveCategory=true ) that beeps a pitch that only the dogs can hear when they bark. So far its been 3 days and no fence fighting. The beagle came out today and started to bay ( beagle bark) at the fence. But he only got out 1/2 a bay then abruptly stopped. Yes, peace. Now to fix all the other problems.

No comments: