Saturday, October 11, 2008

I finally found the trail

Here is the trail Ive been looking for. I looked for it this summer but for some reason couldn't find it. The park closes at 4:30 with the gates lock. So you cant get to the back of the park unless you walk in or ride a bike. You can park in the front parking lot and use the park until dark, but I cant walk that far to get to the back trials. Yesterday I only had to work 1/2 a day, so I decided to go to the park before all the mountain bikers got off work and take over the trials. I found this trial easily, not sure what my problem was last time. This spider women trail is suppose to be difficult and about 3 miles long once you get to it. Its very hilly but that's about it. I didn't have to scale any rocks. It curls around the back of the park which ends at the river. You can get to the river if you want.
It also has a creek running thur the trial so if the dogs get hot they can cool off.
I'm not sure what this purple thing is on this tree, but it was pretty.


I was trying to take pictures so you could see how steep the trail was, but it never really shows up right.


Disclaimer: Dogs were on leash at all times. In some of the pictures the leashes are hidden or for some reason you cant see it.

3 comments:

Chris and Ricky said...

Wow, looks like such a beautiful place! I would love to go on a walk there. Awesome photos too!

Jules said...

Looks like an awesome way to spend the afternoon! Lucky dogs.

Dawn said...

ooooh! Katie and I would love to go on that trail too! Looks wonderful!