Sunday, August 24, 2008

Its been an off week.



My practice sessions with Miley haven't been going well. She just isn't reading my signals well. Not sure if its me or her. But even her contacts started falling apart. The only thing I can think of is that she is upset about me going back to work. She is a dog that likes every thing the same all the time.For example; I usually walk all the dogs through the first half of the neighborhood and then I drop the chihuahuas off and take the shelties the rest of the way. Now if I decided not to take the shleties for the rest of the walk, Miley stands at the door and paces. If I don't practice agility in the morning , she barks at me until I take her out and practice. So I think she is just confused and will just take some time to adjust.


I'm not sure if Guiness rash on his face is much better. The vet wanted to to treat it like ringworm if it doesn't get better in a week to bring him in. This picture on the left is this week, the picture on the right is the older picture. Its less defined and the outer edges aren't as red. Not sure if I would say it is better. Also I talked to the vet about Guiness not wanting to walk. He thinks its because of getting lost at the beach. At first I would agree because it only happened when it was dark out. But today I didn't walk them until 7am and it was light out. He started the walk ok except he seemed stiff to me. Then he started lagging behind. Then he refused to walk any further, so I took him home. I gave him some pain medication and he seems fine now.
I also signed up to use the dog park at a local park. Then one with the snake from last week. I'm only going to go in when no one is in the park. I just wanted a place to let the dogs run free without being able to get lost. I took them for the first time yesterday morning. It wasn't very successful. Guiness tried to play with Miley but she didn't want to. Maybe she just needed to get use to the place. The funny thing was, there is a combination lock into the dog park. You get the new combination for each month. Well I had the number in the car and looked at it before entering the park. You are to lock the gate after you go in. Did I think about remembering the combination after I was in the park. NO! So when it was time to go, I went to the gate and panic for a second. Luckily I only change one digit to lock it and could remember it. What would I have done if I didn't know the combination. I did have a phone but my husband has been out of town all week so he couldn't help. ( He comes back today) I guess I could call my kids an pray they wake up to answer the phone. I wont make the mistake again. I could see myself sitting there for hours waiting for someone to show up. Ha!

5 comments:

manymuddypaws said...

guiness's face looks just like Wicca's did- more so now than ever. I used panalog for two or three days and it started to heal. It took almost three weeks to go away though.

Chris and Ricky said...

I understand about Miley's desire for routine - I am the exact same way! Not sure if Guiness' spot on his nose looks better - maybe a little. Getting lost must've been so traumatic for him - it may take quite awhile for him to get back to normal.

Diana said...

I guess Im going to take him to the vet because I dont think the Antifungal cream Im using is working. I looks bigger to me. I looked up panalog and it has antibacteria and anti-inflamatory properties too. So maybe he needs that. Thanks, Diana

Johann The Dog said...

Wow Guiness has been through so much, poor thing. I hope you get everything figured out. But it really sounds like his immune system is shot. With all the stress and stuff, wouldn't surprise me. I sure hope he gets better soon.

Tatum Tot said...

Ohhh hey you guys are shelties! I found another sheltie blog way cool!

I hope all will be okay with Guiness, maybe if I play with him, it will be!