Friday, August 8, 2008

crazy things

Its been very hot lately. I think its been 100 degrees or above for the last week. So its hard to have fun with the dogs outside because they cant take it. Miley is going crazy. She has been licking the walls and trying to eat them. She has tried to chew through my cable cords on my computer. I bought some clear plastic tubing today and covered the cords. And then she peed in the house. Today is a little better , about 92 but it is still hard to go outside.
Then I found a pile of vomit in the living room . It was small pieces of the nylon leash Guiness had on when he was lost. Do you think it could have been in his stomach all this time? There is no where else he could have gotten that leash. I threw the other one that I had away because it made me feel sick to see it. He has been acting weird lately, but no stomach problems. He has been eating and going to the bathroom ok. The only thing is he hasn't had much energy. He wont chase or play with toys. He doesn't want to go for walks but once I get him going he seems fine. I took him to the vet on Tuesday for his yearly exam. I ask them to draw a T4 and free T4. Last year his T4 was .8 (nl was 1-4) and his free T4 was 12 (nl was 8-40). The vet called yesterday and said they didn't get enough blood and I needed to bring him back in. I figured I take him in Monday, that way the blood doesn't sit around all weekend. But maybe he just had a rope in his stomach. Hmmmmm.
I was suppose to go to a seminar with Karen Holik this weekend but some how my spot got messed up and I was changed from a working spot to auditor. I decided not to go. I would rather work my dog. I need practice on front crosses because I'm late, late, late..... So now on Saturday, I'm going to Lander University with my son for a campus tour.

1 comment:

Nicki said...

Won't hurt to do the T4 anyway.