Sunday, August 31, 2008

Fun at the lake





Yesterday we took the dogs to the lake. They had a great time. Guiness actually played and ran up and down the little beach area. This is a small island, maybe 3 acres, so I hope I cant lose Guiness here. The beach is very small, so I can see him at all times. Miley actually got into the water up to her chest on her own. I did bribe her to swim with hot dogs. She actually stayed out in the water and swam around a little before going back to the beach. Yea!! The only negative was when we were back at the boat dock. Our boat slip is all the way at the end of the dock, so its a long walk back to the end of the dock to get to your car. We were almost to the end and I stopped to open the gate door. Miley just fell off the dock into the water. I didn't even hear her hit the water, the leash just went tight and I looked over and she was in the water swimming. Its about a 3 foot drop. I just reach down and picked her up. She didn't seem upset or concerned and walked happily up to the car. So I'm hoping that it didn't make a bad impression.

2 comments:

pogonip said...

Swimming in my favorite--lake, river, creek or ditch. Shaking all over my mom is my second favorite! Woofs, Kharma

http://pogonipnv.blogspot.com

Chris and Ricky said...

It's hard to believe that Guiness would want to go any where near the water after his ordeal this summer - guess it is further proof that dogs move on faster than we do. Miley looks great swimming and if she's gonna just fall right off the dock on you, it's a good thing she knows how to swim! She probably thought, "Yea, I thought we were going home, but now I get extra time in the water!" Thanks for sharing the photos!