Sunday, August 17, 2008

Anyone know what this is?


Ok, what do you think this is? Its on Guiness. Ringworm, mange? He still has hair on the spot but the picture doesn't show it. Something else in Guiness's basket of problems.
Today I took Miley to a tattoo clinic for dogs. They were also doing eye checks and heart checks. I just signed up for the tattoo. Ive never had a dog tattoo before and was unsure of what to expect. Well I probably wont ever do it again. It didn't look pleasant. Miley cried out a couple of times but they said that was because she caught a stray hair with the tattoo device. I had them tattoo her AKC number on her. It didn't take long but I know Miley was glad to get out of there. Her leg seemed sore, so when I got home I gave her a pain pill. I also gave her an antibiotic just because they use the same needle or what ever it was on all the dogs. I think that she would have been better off with some sedation but I guess that is just me. Everyone I talked to said they had their dog tattoo without medication. I know I had her micro chipped but I just felt there would be extra security with a tattoo.

5 comments:

Dawn said...

I really don't know what this is...I was hoping someone else did. Maybe it's a manifestation (spelled wrong I think) of why he's not feeling himself. I vote for a trip to the vet!

Chris and Ricky said...

We have no idea what that is! Have you taken Guiness to the vet yet again to have them look at it?

Diana said...

I think I will take him to the vet. Someone else suggested to run a tick panel. Diana

Paws on the Run said...

Wicca had a mark on her face like that a little while ago- it was right under her nose though- I thought it was a burn of some sort.

I took her to the vet and she couldn't decide what it was. Panalog cleared it up though- so whatever it was must have been fungal or something.

None of my other dogs got it...

amanda @manymuddypaws.blogspot.com

Jules said...

Oh poor Guinness. He is having a tough summer! (as are you!)