Monday, July 7, 2008

Still in Virginia


This is my son and I on the deck of the battleship.

We went to see the USS Wisconsin. Its a battleship that is Inactive. It periodically gets reactivated for service. The last time was in Desert Storm. You cant go inside it but it was still neat to be able to walk on it.
In the mornings, Ive been walking on the beach. I'm surprised by the amount of people that don't pick up after their dogs. They are only allowed to be on the beach before 10am and after 6pm. No wonder since a lot of them cant pick up after them. Yuk!! Who would do that?
My sister has a 13 year old lab. She jumped down into the living room and hurt her left rear leg. (same leg a Guiness, maybe I'm a jinx) She really could hardly walk. It was terrible. My sister took her to the vet. They checked her leg and didn't even do x-rays and said it was a partial tear of her ACL of her knee. Anyway, they said to rest it for 3 weeks and come back for a recheck. They gave her an anti-inflammatory. About an hour and a half later she was so much better. She can now get up and down the step and can go from room to room. She only has a very slight limp. I wish anti-inflammatories helped Guiness like that. But they don't.

No comments: