Saturday, July 19, 2008

Guiness is found!!!!!

\We were out looking for Guiness when we got the call from security that they think they might have found our dog. We went to a house on the marsh. We weren't looking at all in the right place. The people who called were eating outside and Guiness was standing on the other side of a river in the marsh barking at them. There was a kayaker who tried to get him but Guiness kept backing up. So they called security and told them that there was a dog in the marsh and security said a dog was reported missing . Security called us and we were in the car already very close to that location. We walked around the peoples house and could see with binoculars Guiness ear tips sticking up above the marsh reeds. Thank god for big ears. The guy took us in his boat over to the marsh and my husband was able to walk thru the mud and get guiness. He is doing ok. He chewed the long line. The one collar was a martingale and it was rusting. His back legs are raw , so I'm trying to find a vet to take him to.

5 comments:

Chris and Ricky said...

Thank goodness! We are so happy that Guiness is back with you!

Jules said...

Thank dog gods. So scary!!

Dawn said...

Oh my, what a relief! I've been sitting at my dying uncle's bedside, and in between praying for him, I was praying for you and for Guiness! I am SO thankful you have him back. He's a lucky little boy. I'm sure he was beyond happy to see his people again!

Nicki said...

That must have been so scary! Glad he's home.

Johann The Dog said...

OMD! I miss a couple of weeks and look what happens. Thank Dog Guiness was found and is doing better! I would have been soooo freaked out! I bet you didn't sleep at all. Thank DOG, thank DOG!!!!