Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Sunset agility






I wanted to go out to the field today. First I wanted to take a few pictures because they looked grainy to me yesterday. So I reformatted the card which was a new card that I didnt format the first time. I wanted to see if that made a difference. I also needed to take the wobble board and some planks to the field. Our beginning agility class moves out the field next Monday since there will be a time change. WhooHoo. Our class has dwindled from 12 to last nights low of 4 students. I think it will increase once we get to the field. People are bored by the flat work stuff and its hard to tell them how important it is. They want to start their dogs on equipment. And last I wanted to go to the field to work Miley a little. It was a warm 77 degree day and I didnt want to waste it. Its suppose to start raining tomorrow. Booooo!

I worked a rear cross drill. But it was suppose to be all rear crosses and I couldnt do it. So I threw in some front crosses. That one front cross is late and that why she didnt turn. I really had to work hard to get those rear cross turns. It probably doesnt look like it but this wasnt the first try thur the sequence. I really had to push into the rear cross to get it. I felt like I was driving into her.Which isnt how I usually handle them. Hmmm, maybe thats what our problem has been.
">

We did mat work too. She was very excited when I put the mat onto the table. She had a hard time controlling herself to stay on the table and not lift up. So much for the calming mat work. I guess we have more work to do.

7 comments:

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

The practice you posted looked great, looks like if you were having any problems with rear crosses you are working it out pretty well! if you have trouble with a rear cross have you tried to keep track of the scenerio and maybe that will help figure out what is going on. we just did rear crosses in our class last week and it was funny because Deanna went over the different type of rear crosses, and my two different dogs each had trouble with a different type of front crosses. You would think they would both have the same problem but looking at their training and personality once I saw what they were having a problem with I was not suprised at the ones that were hardest for each dog ;-D.

LauraK said...

77 degrees! Oh I am so jealous! Beautiful pictures, sounds like you had a good time with Miley at the field :)

Sam said...

Warm and 77 degrees? You should take Marge for a day and see just how much agility you'd get out of her. It won't be much. LOL

Sounds like a mostly good practice, good luck with your continuing mat work.

Unknown said...

Miley looks good :) and the sunset was beautiful.

Sara said...

You two looked amazing in that sequence.

Chris and Ricky said...

Pretty sunset photos and Miley is gorgeous posing on the dogwalk!

Your rear crosses look great to me!

Dawn said...

That was a great piece of video! It was so fast and she was just going for it. So fun to watch!