Saturday, March 27, 2010

Run Thurs

Look how green it is.

Miley wanted to go down for a drink, I wasnt going down in all that mud.





Mickey is much better today and acting like his normal self. I think he was sore yesterday so I gave him some pain medication but today he is playing again.
First thing this morning we went to the park for a walk. It was really pretty with the sun coming thur the trees and everything becoming green. It was almost like neon green. The only bad thing was I lost my filter lens. Im not sure how. I was trying to take pictures with and without the lens to see if I can keep Miley from being washed out in the sun. I thought I put it in my pocket but when I came out of the woods it was gone. I retraced my steps but couldnt find it.
Then our club had run thurs at the field today. I wanted to test Miley's table. Well there is good news and bad news. The first time thur the standard course she jumped off the table and started to circle. And I think I said "table" instead of "mat". I cant remember if I just grabbed her or if I threw a treat or bait bag to stop the stress. I then took her collar and set her up and sent to the table. She got right on. I think we took the wrong tunnel entrance and she self released on the a-frame. I wonder why she keeps doing that? She doesnt do it with the dogwalk. So I needed a new plan for the next run thur. I was planning on using a target on the table. But then changed my mind. I decided to do the table first and send her a few times to the table then run the course from the beginning. She went right to the table. I got her excited asking her "Where's the mat, do you want to get that mat?" She got into a crouch position ( showing excitement ) and got right on the table both times. Then I took her to the begining and ran. She did great but self released the a-frame again. When we got to the table she started to run toward it and right before she got there she pulled off and didnt get on. She started coming toward me. I said in the kinda deep excited voice, "Where's you mat, are you gonna get that mat?" and you could see the change in her body and she got excited and jumped right on. Big reward on the table. Multiple rewards. Ok, was that all it took? To change the inflection in my voice? Hmm, will see what happens the next time we are at a trial or run thur. Overall she had a really good run. Great weaves both times!


8 comments:

katie, Maizey and Magnus said...

What gorgeous pictures-dogs and scenery! It is wonderful to see things getting green again. Ya gotta love spring!

Unknown said...

You must be happy she did good in your practise. I'm glad Mickey is better today..and yet again, beautiful pictures of Guiness and Miley. Is Guiness a sheltie too? I never realised the height difference!

LauraK said...

I am SO jealous of your greenness! So pretty! We have grass poking through in a few tiny spots in the yard, but it's covered in about 8 inches of snow right now. Glad to hear you had a good time at run-thrus :)

Chris and Ricky said...

I love that spring "neon" green color - I know exactly what you mean!

Good job at the run-thrus! Sounds like Miley loves the mat but not the table so much! But it doesn't matter what you call it as long as she does it, right? It would be totally awesome if she does the table with no hesitation at her next trial!

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

sounds like some good progress on the table, I wonder if because the Aframe is a lot more uncomfortable, with all the weight that lands on those front feet if she self released a few times and now is thinking that is not a bad thing in her mind, LOL, or as she comes down gets enough momentum that instead of holding the position she would rather keep moving. Does Miley rock back a tad bit when she hits her contact? The dog walk has so much less pressure and momentum..so I would not be suprised if that is much more solid.
Yea for great weaves, Miley ROCKS!!!
Sounds like an excellent practice.

Diana said...

Guiness is a sheltie. He is 16 3/4 inches at the shoulder. Miley is 13 3/4 at the shouder. Diana

Sara said...

It seems like you are getting closer and closer to having Miley love the table. I remember Lian telling me long ago that "voice" is a huge motivator for dogs.

Dawn said...

Miley sure loves her mat! LOL!