Thursday, March 11, 2010

Good bye yesterday

Im so happy yesterday is over. On Tuesday there was a SACS person at our school. They come an inspect the school, interview teachers and students. Well one of the members wasnt feeling good. She asked to lie down in my office. The next thing I know she is vomiting in the bathroom. Then she lays back down. I go and talk to her. She has be vomiting since 4am. She thought it was the fish oil she took the day before. Uh, I dont think so. I tried to tell her if it was the fish oil, once she vomited, she would be better. She clearly wasn't better. I told her we needed to have someone drive her back to the hotel. I left my office and came back. She went down the hall to a meeting. What??? I was so upset. I told the principals Secretary that this lady was going to make people sick. She cant be here. But no one wanted to tell her. An hour later someone comes to me and says someone is vomiting in the staff bathroom. Same lady. Ugh. When she came out to go into the meeting, I just told her she cant be here. "You are going to make everyone sick". I just didnt realize that everyone meant me. Yup, thats right. 2am yesterday morning, Im awake with the feeling of nausea. By 4am its worse. Im thinking how am I going to get to my computer to call in sick to work. At4:30, I finally make it to my computer. I think around 7am I called my boss in charge of the nurses. Sometime after Stephanie left for school, I started feeling worse. Im on the couch and I need to get to the bathroom. While walking I start feeling the rushing noise in my ears and the black tunnel vision starts around my eyes. Ugh, Im going to pass out. My husband is out of town, no ones home. I have two choices. One get to the bed and if I throw up on my bed, I can just clean it up. If I pass out and hit my head, Im in big trouble because no one will find me for hours. I opted for the bed. I didnt throw up in my bed. A few minutes later I did make it to the bathroom. Thats was pretty much my yesterday. Not fun and I was so glad to open my eyes this morning and no nausea. I was suppose to go to a B-match today. But its been raining since yesterday and since Im not really up to driving 1 1/2 hours , Ill skip it. Im going to a trial this weekend. Im not sure I run Saturday morning. It suppose to still be raining. Will see. Im not running my dog in the rain. Its not worth her getting injured by slipping.

9 comments:

Chris and Ricky said...

Oh my gosh, sorry to hear you got so sick! I'm thankful you didn't pass out or throw up in the bed. It's awful to be all alone when you are sick like that! Too bad that lady didn't think about how she was going to spread her germs around. People really need to stay home when they are sick!

Hope you are feeling better today. Good luck at the trial this weekend if you decide to go. We wouldn't run in the rain either because you're right about it not being worth it.

Sara said...

I'm glad you're feeling a little better. There are a couple nasty viruses going around. I keep asking kids, "Why are you coming to school sick?"

I hope the sun comes out for you.

Sam said...

Wow, just reading that post, I'm glad yesterday is over for you, too. That lady sounds really inconsiderate.

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

OOOH I am so sorry, that sounds so miserable, and good for you standing up and being the one to have the guts to say she should not be there-too bad she did not think of that on her own before infecting others! Take care of yourself! I am so with you on the not being worth it to run a dog on slippery, wet equipment, nothing is worth taking a big chance of your dog getting hurt.

Blue said...

Yuck! I'm glad you're feeling better! I wish more people would keep their germs to themselves.

Dawn said...

What a terrible day! Who takes care of the nurse when the nurse is sick? Totally unfair that no one was there to care for you!

I'm glad you're feeling better, but don't push yourself too much. A trial isn't worth it if you're still feeling bad...and especially if it's raining!

LauraK said...

gosh, that's terrible! Some people are so rude when it comes to respecting the health of others. I'm glad you're feeling better!

Unknown said...

Oh gosh! I hope you get better soon!
Our prayers to you.

Anonymous said...

Ugh! Glad you're feeling better, with no passing out. I'd be glad that day is over too!