Sunday, March 14, 2010

A new day

Friday I left work a little early still not feeling well. I just couldnt eat food without feel nauseaed. Also I just hurt everywhere. I got up Saturday morning and didnt feel much better but I wanted to go to the trial. I kept debating what to do. Should I not do my morning run, Exc. fast,and just do the afternoon runs? But its suppose to rain in the afternoon, then I wouldnt get to run at all. So at the last minute I decided to go in the morning. I get there and they are already walking the exc. fast course. I walk the course a couple of times, no real plan as in points I need or time. I just tried to get as many obstacles as I could and the send bonus. Miley ran great and we "Q"ed to boot. I didnt even think we had because I didnt count any points. That was a nice surprise. Then the long wait started. I really wasnt feeling well and in hind sight I should have gone home. I tried lying down in the car for an hour. That didnt help. I only ate part of a muffin all day and most of it I threw away or gave to Miley. So 5 hours later it time for both my runs. Yep, had to walk both courses at the same time, again. Usually I would have taken Miley out to burn off some energy but I just didnt have it in me. So we run both runs several minutes apart. I we ran poorly. In standard I did a poor rear cross and pushed her off the jump. She jumped her a-frame contact and I cant remember what else. It was bad. Then I went to the jumpers ring. I really wanted to run this course. It seemed easy and something we should be able to do. We started out great. No off course into the tunnel that was there. But for some reason she came out of the tunnel to the next jump and turned away from me over a jump to go off course. Then the circling started. Ugh. When you are out there it feels like forever. But when I watched the video it really isnt that long. Finally I just run and tell her weave. She some how gets into the weaves and then starts running great. Until the end when I rear cross to close to the jump which makes her turn tight and we miss the last jump. Ugh! I wanted to cry. I still rewarded my dog and did all things we usually do after a run. But when I got into the car to go home, I called my husband and told him I was quitting. I couldnt take it anymore. All this practice and work just for her to circling me in the ring. Its wasnt fun and obviously my dog wasnt having fun because she was stress circling me. Im sure my husband was thinking , "great , and I just bought that table too". I email Meagan and sent her my run. She told me to email her bad with three good things about my run. So I did. They were, 1. she held her start line, 2. she didnt take the off course tunnel when going into the pinwheel and 3. after we got back on track she had great drive and focus. So that made me feel better. I have edited the video and deleted out the off course circling stuff. Now it doesnt look to bad. loL

Now today. I had decided if I didnt feel good when I woke up this morning, then I wasnt going. But I woke up and felt better. I actually ate all my breakfast for the first time in 4 days. I took the dogs for a walk and then ran Miley in the back yard a few times over the a-frame. I had looked back over yesterdays video and realized that when in the ring I stop at the bottom of the a-frame. But when I practice at home, I never stop at the bottom. I run past and then go back and reward or just release. Im not sure why Im stopping at the trial. So I wanted to practice stopping at the bottom. Then at 9am I left for the trial. My runs werent until around 12noon. I got there with enough time to take Miley for a walk and play chuck-it unitl she didnt want to go get the ball anymore. I really feel like some of the circling in the ring is too much pent up energy. After that I put her back in the car and yes both my runs were going to be at the same time. I was able to at least really walk my jumpers run before they open the standard ring for walking. The courses were a muddy mess. Luckily I had several pairs of shoes in my car. My first pair were covered with mud. I have a pair of cleated tennis shoes that worked great. Jumpers started but 16 inches were running first. They finally start standard but now 12 inches were running jumpers. Both my runs were getting closes and closers to being at the same time. I went over and moved my jumpers run to the bottom which maybe puts 4 more dogs in front of me. I went and ran standard. She was awesome. She held her start line, both her contacts. The course was set up great so I didn't have to do much to avoid the table. Everything was running perfect until I ran into my dog going into the weaves. And she still made her entry. But me blabbing on about how sorry I was to my dog confused her and she popped out. Then there was just the last jump but she was now wide and I had to bring her back to get that jump. But over all its one of the best runs we have had. WhooHoo! I leave that ring and go to jumpers. There 4 dogs in front of us. At least we didnt miss our run. The dog in front of me is still on the standard course so we are now up. Miley held her stay. I front cross before the weaves and she makes into the weaves but dropped the bar in the jump before. Meagan said she slipped. It was a muddy mess.( it didnt rain while I was there but I think the rain for 3 days straight before the trial just killed the grass course) The rest of the run was awesome. She went into the first pinwheel and read it beautifully. No wrong turns. I was watching and thought wow, she is doing it. We run down the line and I had planned to front cross but couldnt get there so I had to rear. Again, she read it beautifully and I was amazed. Next we run down the line and into the tunnel, I make it across to front cross and catch her out of the tunnel and run down the line. It was B E A U T I F U L. She was fast too. I think her time was 27.24 2nd fast time of all the 12 inch dogs , A's and B's. WhooHoo. I was so happy. We still had Exc. fast to run and I decided to forget that. I was happy with what we did and decided not to screw it up with fast. So home we went. I was able to get home in time do have dinner with my son before going back to college. I didnt video anything today. I didnt want to stress about asking people to tape me. So no video, that figures huh. LoL Below is the excellent jumpers course map.

9 comments:

LauraK said...

Sounds like you had an eventful weekend. I think we all have moments of wanting to quit- all until we have a nice run, then we love agility again. Congrats on your beautiful runs, and I'm glad you're feeling a little better!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Glad day 2 went well. You two will get there... no quitting!

Sara said...

What a roller coaster you were on this weekend, physically and emptionally. I'm so happy you were able to end the weekend with great runs!

Chris and Ricky said...

Gosh, what a weekend! I don't know how you ran at all on Saturday when you felt so sick and hadn't eaten. Mom would've never made it!

Glad you had such good results with the second day, especially that hard JWW run - Miley's time was crazy fast! WooHoo!!!

Hopefully you are not thinking of quitting any more! You and Miley are awesome and we really respect you for all the time and hard work you put into being a good team - it will happen - you'll see!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you were able to get some great runs with Miley and decided against quitting. Be postive about the things that are good and keep that in mind even when things are going badly. I'm glad Meagan helped you out with that.

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

Sounds like there were some awesome moments and the circling thing sure sounds like it is not gone but it is getting less, sounds like some really awesome progress. It had to be hard to run when you were not feeling well and had to wait all that time ;-(, and then have a muddy mess on top of it. Congrats on the Q's, and more importantly CONGRATS and WAY TO GO for going out there when you were discouraged and giving it your all, win, lose or draw you did your best for yourself and Miley-it is all coming along and you should be proud of all the things you are working through. It takes time to work through issues and you are doing it!!! We are proud of you and Miley!

Dawn said...

Wow, what a weekend! Glad some of it went well, and hope you feel better by now, about agility and in general!

Jules said...

I am glad you had a great second day. I recently said something to my husband about not being the handler Ike needs and he responded I am exactly the handler Ike needs. It is easy to be hard on ourselves.

Sam said...

Sorry, I read this Monday and forgot to comment! (I hate when I do that!)

I giggled about what you surmised your husband thought about just buying that table when you said you were going to quit. I sure am glad that idea didn't stick in your head long.

Thanks for your comments regarding my upcoming trial. I'm trying to prepare as best as I can without overreacting and getting nervous about things.